FLYR is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.FLYR is a technology company that is purpose-built for the travel industry. Leveraging deep learning, an advanced form of AI, FLYR is helping airlines, cargo, and hospitality businesses around the globe elevate their results. With FLYR, businesses are able to improve revenue performance and modernize the e-commerce experience through accurate forecasting, automation, and analytics.
Flight Itinerary (About The Role)
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Dynamic Pricing product team. This position is based in our Los Angeles (Santa Monica) office location.
FLYR is building a Dynamic Pricing product to distribute our ML-powered price points in real-time to airline price consumers. FLYR’s product ensures airlines are selling their products at the optimal price and driving maximum revenue uplift on their ticket sales. FLYR’s product provides next-gen capabilities that bring real-time data science to travel shopping searches. Our Dynamic Pricing product allows airlines to replace existing legacy systems that fail to deliver the dynamic and personalized pricing needed today. Our distribution product powers all channels - both existing distribution interfaces and new direct sales - to optimize the products and prices behind the consumer flight shopping experience.
Come join us in the early stages of a new product offering, powered by FLYR’s existing best-in-class Revenue Operating System. We’re building low-latency systems, real-time ML powered APIs, and a modern user experience, all on a SaaS cloud-native platform.
We strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What Your Journey Will Look Like (Responsibilities)
- You will build a new product offering on Cirrus platform, in order to disrupt the airline industry's pricing and distribution problems.
- You will develop a robust and scalable backend for enterprise line of business applications in Go, Python, Redis, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- You will design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve real-time, low-latency responses to high-volume requests.
- You will think in patterns and quickly evaluate and make decisions regarding frameworks, platforms, API's, and other additional technologies.
- You will provide technical expertise in the design, development, and delivery of product, while adhering to coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- You will estimate upcoming work, communicate technical solutions effectively, and report progress.
- You will work in a product-focused scrum team to deliver against a roadmap managed by a dedicated product owner.
- You will collaborate with Technical Product Owners to design and deliver complex application features, end-user workflows, and external integration interfaces.
- You will participate in stand-ups, bug triages, retrospectives, and other team meetings.
What To Pack For This Trip (Qualifications)
- Passion for building scalable, reliable, and intuitive software solutions.
- Progressive career experience as a software developer in backend engineering roles.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in building SaaS products and RESTful APIs.
- 3+ years of proven software development experience in a popular object-oriented or functional programming language, preferably Go or Python.
- Solid computer-science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and architecture.
- Experience with low-latency, high throughput system architectures.
- Experience with scaling and optimizing web services using, for example, caching, distributed processing, replication, and performance profiling and forecasting.
- Experience using web frameworks, like Gin or FastAPI.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (GCP/AWS), Security, and Observability.
- Familiarity with SQL / NoSQL storage, and their strengths and weaknesses (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Familiarity with DevOps processes (CI/CD, Automation, Observability) and tools (CircleCI, ArgoCD, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Solid grounding in version control and experience working with a team using Git.
- Ability to grow the engineering-excellence culture, and influence the larger engineering organizations.
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (behavior-driven development, coding standards, etc.).
- Strong communication with experience collaborating across multiple teams and partners.
- Quantitative background (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
- Free breakfast/Lunch (in-office)
- 100% paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Annual educational fund