We’re on a mission to build the world’s best homebuying and home selling experience because buying a home or selling the one you’re in shouldn’t feel complicated. Our simplified approach brings local market experts together, giving our clients a team of research analysts, loan officers, and Tour Specialists—all under one roof—including a dedicated Flyhomes Agent to guide them every step of the way so they can buy and sell with confidence.
If you’re looking for a company where you’ll make a difference every day and work on a team where authenticity, equity, and innovation are valued—Flyhomes is the place for you.
We’re currently seeking a driven and enthusiastic Product Designer to join our remote Design team. They will partner with product management and engineering to define part of Flyhome’s product experience. Our ideal candidate has a track record of shipping work with a customer and business impact, communicating in a clear and compelling way, and improving the broader design team. Familiarity crafting web, mobile, and offline experiences is preferred.
The Product Designer role is critical to the success of our business, ensuring that Flyhomes bookings and touring requests are handled as quickly as possible. The Product Designer will help drive product design execution across every stage of the design process from early ideation through delivery with Engineering to ensure an exceptional end product that supports Flyhomes’ ability to help our customers win their next home. This role will report to our Sr. Product Design Manager.
What you’ll do as our Product Designer:
- Partner and collaborate effectively with engineers, designers, product owners, and business stakeholders on all initiatives to implement innovative internal tooling solutions and deliver final products
- Use our design system and best practices for UI/UX design patterns to create user-centric internal tooling or customer facing experiences
- Execute on all phases of the design process; from wireframing concepts and creating pixel-perfect visuals to final hand-off to engineering
- Use business requirements alongside user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level design requirements
- Analyze and apply data gathered from user research, reviews, and ratings to inform and improve design decisions
- Ensure holistic client experiences across the client journey, and contribute to collaborative design reviews and work sessions
- Stay informed on product design trends, tools, and industry trends
Your experiences, skills, and abilities:
- The minimum education: a bachelor’s degree with a major in a related field: human interaction design, product design, social sciences
- The minimum experience: 3-5 years of experience
- Design portfolio showcasing a high level of craft and attention to detailExperience shipping and iterating on multiple different products
- Strong understanding of the product impact of design, and ability to think through the implications of design decisions in complex products
- Proficiency in multiple UX-related software applications (we use Figma)
- Understanding of user-centered design (UCD), mobile design patterns, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, usability and accessibility concerns
- Expertise in UI patterns, hierarchy, negative space, UI affordances, and other core UI design principles
- Curiosity and interest in new applications of tech and implementation of microinteractions
This role is remote and can be located in any state where we are operating. We are currently operating in WA, OR, CA, IL, UT, MA, CO, FL, NY, TX with more to come!
At Flyhomes, we use compensation ranges based on US geographic locations which are grouped into 4 tiers. To determine the compensation difference by tiers, we use a predetermined differential based on external market data. The salary band shown in this posting is the broadband that includes the hiring range for all tiers for the job posted. A job offer will be based on the salary band for a candidate’s specific geographic location at the time of hire and commensurate with experience.
Salary band: $99,225- $148,500
Our core values
Join a team where authenticity, equity, and innovation come together to build the world’s best homebuying and selling experience. Do you have what it takes?
We’re fundamentally optimistic about our clients, team, and industry. We win with our CLIENTS—we align ourselves and our products with their interests so that we only win when they win. We win with our TEAM—everyone at Flyhomes plays a critical role in building the world’s best home buying and selling experience. And we win with the INDUSTRY—there are people on the other side of every transaction, and we believe the best outcomes are when everyone feels like a winner.
People Not Properties
People first. It’s that simple. Whether you’re our client, team member, or partner, we’re a community focused on building lasting relationships. We put people at the heart of everything we do.
Find a Better Way
We love what we do and embrace the fact that our work of building an iconic company that delivers the best home buying and selling experience will never be finished. We’re always seeking better solutions to every problem, whether big or small. We listen empathetically, identify improvements, and scale new solutions.
Own The Outcome
Every team member at Flyhomes has the power to improve the client experience, grow the company, and make the work we do more efficient. If we see a gap, we communicate, collaborate, and take ownership to drive improvements. We do what we say we’ll do, and when things don’t go as planned, rather than make excuses, we take the opportunity to share, learn, and grow together.
Do The Right Thing
Trust is our currency—that means telling the truth and behaving honestly, even when no one’s watching. We lead by example for our clients, team members, and the rest of the industry. We do what’s right, always.
Pick Up The Hammer
We believe that all big problems can be solved with a thoughtful series of small actions. We move quickly with a strong bias for action because we know that the cost of waiting is high. We make sound, informed decisions based on the available data, and don’t wait for perfect information to take the next step.
If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer and seller, then we want to talk to you!
Perks of working at Flyhomes
At the end of the day, our strength comes from our people, and we’re determined to recognize and promote your wellbeing—be it professionally, financially, physically, or mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K program with employer matching contribution
- Health, dental, vision Insurance (with generous employer contribution)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance (fully employer paid)
- Life and AD&D (employer paid & voluntary option)
- Remote work allowance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Paid volunteer time
- Home buying & selling perks (we love it!)
- Dog-friendly HQ!
We know that energized teams engage people from remarkable backgrounds and experiences. At Flyhomes, we believe that when bringing people together, it’s important to feel respected and included so that we can be more creative, innovative, and successful together. Connecting Flyhomies to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team.
Flyhomes is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment of associates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
To all recruitment agencies: Flyhomes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Flyhomes employees or any other company location. Flyhomes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Flyhomes will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Flyhomes explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.