Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a Flyhomes Cash Offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Buy Before You Sell program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, mortgage, and closing, all under one roof. Flyhomes is going after the $1.7 trillion market of U.S. residential real estate and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Canvas Ventures, Zillow co-founder Spencer Rascoff, and others. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only effect change across an industry, but on a human level. We are part PropTech and part FinTech. Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are seeking a strong and driven Director of Strategy & Growth. The Strategy & Growth Organization is responsible for evaluating and executing on high-priority strategic initiatives and partnerships across the company to accelerate growth and improve efficiency. This will include initiatives to clarify our strategic vision and positioning, enhance the customer value proposition, and execute new partnership opportunities to improve the client experience. You will be involved from ideation to execution on a small, agile, and high-impact team, with significant exposure to the leadership team.
What You’ll Do
- Own complex projects across the business from problem definition to final recommendation and execution
- Build business cases and models to support them, perform market and competitive research, engage in partner negotiations, and help set the company’s top strategic priorities
- Identify, evaluate, and establish partnerships to improve the client experience across the homebuying and selling journey
- Help build a strategic consensus within the executive team on which opportunities to prioritize and pursue, and help create supporting executive-level materials
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What You’ll Bring
- 6-9 years of professional experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, corporate strategy, or a similar role in high-growth companies
- Hypothesis-driven approach to ambiguous questions, creating structure and leveraging data to draw out insights and distill complex ideas into straightforward and compelling narratives
- Strength in analytical, conceptual, and abstract problem-solving
- Eager to take ownership of a project with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong growth mindset, taking a proactive approach to your professional development
- Demonstrated problem-structuring and strategic problem-solving skills with experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Proven experience effectively presenting to and influencing senior leadership, with excellent oral and written (slides, charts, and prose) communication skills
- Customer-minded: You are able to put yourself in the shoes of others and think through the experience and feelings they will have
- Self-starter. You like to understand the intended outcome, seek context, and then work entrepreneurially to execute
- Amazing communicator and effective influencer. People trust and follow you; you have a track record of working effectively with executive-level leaders
- Pragmatic: You think about the tradeoffs between risk tolerance and sound judgement
- Detail-oriented: You know the details while still being able to look see the bigger picture and identify what truly matters
- Action-oriented: You have a strong bias for action and a “get it done” attitude, as well as a commitment to excellence in your work; you don’t see problems but rather opportunities, and you are energized to build solutions to tackle tough challenges
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!