Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are currently seeking an in-house Director of PR and Communications to join our Flyhomes Marketing team. You will lead the planning, development, and implementation of Flyhomes external/internal communications and media relations strategies.
A natural storyteller, the Director of PR and Communications is an experienced writer and editor who can connect data and ideas together to create compelling narratives. A skilled communicator, you build mutually beneficial relationships with key media contacts and know how to turn research insights into thought leadership, press coverage, and content that drives awareness and acquisition of new customers. This leader needs to have strong executive presence and presentation skills, be press-ready, and reflect the Flyhomes brand and values in every interaction.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a communications strategy and plan that is aligned to Flyhomes growth, product, and business priorities
- Partner with PR agencies to deliver against company and program objectives
- Partner with the marketing, product and business teams to craft a strong messaging framework to inform and shape media talking points
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with media and other influencers.
- Drive a regular cadence of press releases and media alerts to keep Flyhomes top of mind with customers, press, analysts, and other key audiences
- Manage day-to-day tracking of communications metrics, including measurement for specific campaigns as appropriate
- Develop and pitch story ideas, securing media interviews, press hits, and contributing content opportunities
- Manage the interview process, including development of pre-interview briefs/messaging, scheduling and logistics, hosting and follow-up
- Develop media-facing materials, including news releases,fact sheets, talking points and Q&As, reactive messaging/holding statements, bylines, in partnership with the Flyhomes research team
- Draft contributed articles and Q&A responses for key executives, conducting spokesperson interviews where required
- Develop outreach campaigns that position executives as thought leaders around important industry topics
- Track and develop submissions for relevant speaking opportunities and industry/individual awards
- Design and execute on an internal communications strategy that connects every Flyhomes team member to our vision, mission, values and priorities.
- Engage and inspire employees around the world and ensure they are connected to Flyhomes's vision, mission, values and priorities.
- Develop innovative ways of engaging our employees with content, internal events and technologies
- Review our current internal comms mix to assess and improve our efficacy and plan for scale.
What You’ll Bring
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations role; technology or real estate experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Experience presenting to and interacting with press, industry analysts, executive leaders and other internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with PR agencies
- Experience working on international programs or projects
- Familiarity with multiple communications disciplines, including internal communications, social media and media relations
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to write about complex topics in a simple, easy to understand way
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage high-priority communications projects and provide strategic advice and execution support throughout the process
- Strong team ethic and collaborative work style, but takes deep ownership and accountability for all PR/Comms work
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions. You use data to showcase the value of marketing activities / events.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You are comfortable conceptualizing, writing and editing customer-facing content
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow, and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!