Software Engineering Manager
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
Flyhomes is looking for a detail-oriented and creative Software Engineering Manager to join our Flyhomes Engineering team. As an engineering manager, you’ll help set the cultural tone of the organization, make hiring plans, coach team members and steer the technical direction of the team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver best-in-class experiences for our customers
- Work alongside engineers, designers, product managers, and business leaders, to plan, prioritize and deliver our digital products and platform
- Recruit, inspire, and grow the engineering team. Mentor and support your team.
- Drive technical planning, roadmapping, and prioritization efforts within the team
- Be a champion of team growth and mentorship. Drive for continuous improvement in quality, performance and developer best practices
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, contribute where necessary to ensure high quality solutions and delivery
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years experience designing and implementing well designed, tested, complete web applications or back-end systems in a production environment
- 2+ years hands-on technical management experience
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Track record of partnering with recruiting to build high performing engineering teams.
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their career path.
- A team based, collaborative mindset. You are a member of the team and champion the same vision and practices that you expect from the team.
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team
- Have worked with product and business teams to live the full SDLC on projects that have multiple dependencies, integrate with other teams, and have immediate company impact.
- Experience with major cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Familiarity with containerization, service architectures, CI/CD a plus
- Strong collaboration, communication, and creative thinking skills
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together