Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a Secondary Marketing Manager - Mortgage who will be actively involved in developing and administering the secondary marketing initiatives. In this position you will work closely with vendors and mortgage leadership to develop proposals for risk-management strategies employing secondary market investment tools and techniques. This position will monitor and maintain history of market activity, conditions, and trends to generate market forecasts and manage post-closing and investor delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Signing up new lending partners and managing the daily mortgage pricing
- Manage Company lock desk and hedging policies, processes, & vendors
- Reporting on the pull-through of loan officers to maximize hedge efficiency
- Help educate sales on new products to drive adoption
- Act as a liaison to investors and works to maintain favorable relationships
- Responsible for management of agency contracts, correspondent and broker relationships and ensures booked loans are sold in a timely manner
- Ability to process all aspects of the loan-delivery process including agency, service-released, service-retained, and repurchased loans
- Process and deliver loan data to agencies and investors and process month-end and quarter-end reconciliations and validations for the loan settlement and delivery processes
- Provide scenario modeling on strategies, including funding sources for the organization, various impacts on pricing proposals, and hedging strategies
- Provides expertise and serves as a resource to all loan officers regarding common practices for lock-in policies and procedures in the mortgage banking industry
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of mortgage lending and secondary marketing experience
- Knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, and FHA mortgage products, processes and systems
- Expert knowledge in secondary market operations including delivering mortgage loans
- Expert knowledge in loan rate lock process and systems
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong business communication skills; able to write/speak clearly and professionally for a variety of stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Broad knowledge of, and practical experience with, financial institution operating areas, functions, products and services and the laws and regulations that apply to Bank.
- Understanding of Fannie Mae – Freddie Mac AUS systems
- Experience in trading derivatives for hedging and securitization purposes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral presentations skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with internal clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions
- Creative and Resourceful: You find ways to get things done efficiently and effectively to accomplish goals and redefine what is possible
- Action Oriented: You seize opportunities, take on tough challenges and drive ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. You are able to pivot to solution focus and inspire others to do the same
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables and promote high standards, always seeking ways to improve products. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexible: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
- Critical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!