Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
As an integral part of the learning & development team, the Training Consultant, Mortgage will be responsible for facilitating and delivering training sessions within the Flyhomes Mortgage team function. In addition to this, a successful trainer will also be responsible for building and partnering with other internal teams to create and regularly update the training content both virtually and on online learning platforms.
Our headquarters are in Seattle, WA. This role could be located in any state where we are operating. The current list is: Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Colorado, Utah, and more to come!
What You’ll Do
- This position is required to facilitate and conduct training sessions for the new hires within the Mortgage team with a focus on the new hires and serve as the main point of contact for new hires for any training needs within the mortgage organization.
- Ensure a standard execution of role onboarding and proficiency programs (location specific) within the mortgage team across locations.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to create and build custom role based training programs and courses for virtual as well as online learning modules.
- Constantly seeking ways to improve the mortgage training process and make the Flyhomes Mortgage team the best in the industry.
- Deliver pre and post learning assessments to measure new hire proficiency, in the form of evaluation forms, surveys, feedback questionnaires
- Help plan and facilitate required compliance training for the mortgage team to ensure adequate NMLS licenses are obtained
- Create a training calendar and track attendance and course completion. Provide regular progress updates to the leads
- Supervising and monitoring new hire progress and help them ramp up in their roles faster
- Drive continuous improvement of the mortgage team training programs
- You will be required to originate 1-2 loans per quarter to keep abreast of the changes in the mortgage industry and model best practices to coach the team on client etiquettes, and other mortgage related activities.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of various mortgage loan programs (FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA, etc.) and company products to provide the team with most suitable and up to date hands-on training experience.
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation and organizational skills
- Strong coaching and teaching skills
- Washington State and/or California License as Mortgage Loan Originator mandatory
- Two or more years of relevant mortgage experience
- Possess a Washington State License as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) required
- Experience in facilitating and implementing training modules and tools
- Experience in delivering a blended learning environment including: eLearning, virtual training and distance learning methods, classroom/instructor-led training, and on-the-job training/mentoring
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in Mandarin or Spanish language preferred
- State license other than Washington preferred
- Experience in program/ project management
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a commitment to rigorous analysis of data, diagnosis and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with internal clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions
- Action Oriented: You seize opportunities, take on tough challenges and drive ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. You are able to pivot to solution focus and inspire others to do the same
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables and promote high standards, always seeking ways to improve products. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexible: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
- Resourceful: You find ways to get things done efficiently and effectively to accomplish goals and redefine what is possible
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!