Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, you’ll own the end to end research program at Flyhomes. You’ll partner with Product, Design, Marketing, and Sales, and help derive customer insights that will shape the direction of our product and program investments. As the leader of this initiative you’re someone who loves coming into a new space, navigating ambiguity, and setting up programs that scale. You’re hands on and have experience with the end to end user research process, from vetting and helping refine questions, identifying and planning appropriate study methodologies, finding the right audience, executing on those studies, and reporting back results and insights. You’re able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and you are passionate about telling customers' stories to help take Flyhomes products and programs to the next level.
Our headquarters are in Seattle, WA. This role could be located in any state where we are operating. The current list is: Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Utah and more to come!
What you’ll bring
- 5+ or more years of user experience research with multiple examples of end to end studies you’ve run.
- Excellent data analysis skills leveraging different qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Incredible data synthesis skills, with a proven track record of distilling large amounts of information into approachable and impactful summaries.
- Understanding of user-centered design (UCD), excellence in planning and conducting user research.
- Keen sense of prioritization with the ability to handle multiple projects while delivering rapid results in a high growth environment.
- Drive to move the organization forward, constantly challenging the status quo to build a better customer experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in psychology, sociology, marketing, information science, or user centered design, a plus.
What you’ll do
- Establish processes that guides all parts of the overall customer research process
- Identify and recommend tooling that will help facilitate quicker results
- Partner with stakeholders to suggest and refine research topics
- Identify the quickest way to derive desired insights
- Determine the most appropriate audience for the study and recruit customer from the target groups to participate in the study
- Conduct all activities related to running the study, ensuring each customer has a positive experience, and diving deep with customers to identify their pain points, their underlying motivations, and their preconceived assumptions
- Synthesize both quantitative and qualitative results and report back to your partners
- Help guide product and program decisions based on the insights you’ve gained via your interaction with customers
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations
- Creativity and vision: You inject originality into your daily work. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions
- Analytical thinking: You are able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through design.
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common design goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!