Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
Flyhomes is looking for a Director, Data Platform to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and growing our data related teams, driving the vision, roadmap, and implementation across all parts of our data ecosystem, including data pipelines for public records and MLS data, transactional data, customer and event data, data warehousing and BI, and machine learning platform. You will take systems, features, and teams from an idea to reality. You should have a true love of data and an extensive background in data infrastructure, data architecture, and business intelligence. You should have a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, an operational mindset, and a readiness to drive business impact and innovation through data.
Our headquarters are in Seattle, WA. This role could be located in any state where we are operating. The current list is: Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Utah and more to come!
What you will do:
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for data at Flyhomes, working in collaboration with product, engineering, and business teams
- Drive the design and development of new data models and data pipelines
- Drive data quality across the company
- Define and manage SLAs for data availability and quality
- Lead and grow our data related teams, recruiting, training and coaching
- Establish best practices and processes
- Promote collaboration across engineering and business teams
- Provide guidance on technology and data set investments that drive innovation and customer value
What you will bring:
- 7+ years experience directly managing data focused engineering teams
- 3+ years overseeing multiple teams
- Proven track record of delivering business value through data systems
- Deep knowledge of data related technologies
- Excellent attention to detail and process discipline
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Able to influence cross-functional groups
- Strong organization skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!