Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Escrow Assistant who enjoys working with Clients and teammates, coordinating documentation and tasks, and facilitating internal and external communication throughout each real estate closing transaction.
The key outcomes we are looking for are to elevate our workflow to a new standard of excellence and efficiency, while enriching communication with all parties involved in the real estate transaction.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of order entry, pre-close and post-close processes, while monitoring milestones and tasks to ensure every file is on track to close ahead of schedule.
- Review the Purchase and Sales Contract, along with the Title Commitment to identify the need for, request and track completion of items to clear title and close. Those items may include, but are not limited to the following: questionnaires, deed of trust and lien/judgement payoffs, homeowner association demands, special assessment payoffs, utility estimates and any additional items needed to clear title and close the transaction.
- Orchestrate the signing appointment for the Buyer and Seller with the Notary.
- Prepare funding packages for Lenders.
- Request and track the completion of pending items needed to release to record and close.
- Disburse funds and original documents post close.
- Manage a complex variety of administrative functions which includes order entry and coordination of data between multiple different databases.
- Responsible for document management including scanning, naming, saving, and uploading documents to multiple databases.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience as an Escrow Assistant required
- A meticulous attention to detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to act quickly, think critically and work well as part of a team
- Ability to work-from-home, with occasional travel to the office.
- Experience with Qualia, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PDF file format (splitting documents, joining documents, adding notations, etc.).
- You work with a sense of urgency: You stay on top of your work. You go beyond “check the box” mentality. You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You’re driven: You are organized, focused, and disciplined. You are conscientious. You’re adept at prioritizing your work, your day, and your career.
- You write things down: You enjoy the process of creating new procedures and documenting workflow processes.
- You’re collaborative and communicative: You partner effectively with internal colleagues. You share ideas, learn from others, and keep teammates informed about problems, opportunities, progress, and solutions.
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home