Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are looking for a licensed Limited Practice Officer/Escrow Closer who enjoys working with Clients and teammates, coordinating documentation and tasks, and facilitating internal and external communication throughout each real estate closing transaction.
The key outcomes we are looking for are to elevate our workflow to a new standard of excellence and efficiency, while enriching communication with all parties involved in the real estate transaction.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the escrow pipeline and ensure that the team works proactively to be ready to close each transaction ahead of schedule.
- Mentor the Escrow Assistants and Junior Closers to advance their knowledge and ability to grow with the organization.
- Review all written instruction received in Escrow to identify what is needed to insure and close the real estate transaction, including, but not limited to the following: Order Open Requests, Seller and Buyer Questionnaires, Purchase and Sales Contracts, Title Commitments, Lender, Sub-Escrow, Attorney and Tax Professional written instructions, Payoff and Homeowners Association Demands, Property Tax Invoices and Utility Billings.
- Select and prepare the documents, settlement statements and closing disclosures needed to close each real estate transaction according to the written instruction received in Escrow, while following all rules, regulations, compliance, company procedures and processes along with title insurance underwriting guidelines
- Balance, accept and review Lender documents in preparation of the Buyer’s signing.
- Orchestrate the signing appointment for the Buyer and Seller with the Notary.
- Review all signed closing documents for completion and accuracy.
- Prepare the funding package for Lenders, if needed
- Request and track the completion of pending items needed to release to record and close.
- Prepare the Closing Order, set up and release documents for recording
- Reconcile and disburse funds according to the instructions received in Escrow and release original documents post close.
- Manage a complex variety of administrative functions which includes coordination of communication and data between multiple people, companies and databases.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed Limited Practice Officer
- 4+ years Escrow closing experience desired
- A meticulous attention to detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to act quickly, think critically and work well as part of a team
- A desire to learn and expand your knowledge of both Escrow and Title production.
- Ability to work-from-home, with occasional travel to the office.
- Experience with Qualia, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PDF file format (splitting documents, joining documents, adding notations, etc.).
- You work with a sense of urgency: You stay on top of your work. You go beyond “check the box” mentality. You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You’re driven: You are organized, focused, and disciplined. You are conscientious. You’re adept at prioritizing your work, your day, and your career.
- You write things down: You enjoy the process of creating new procedures and documenting workflow processes.
- You’re collaborative and communicative: You partner effectively with internal colleagues. You share ideas, learn from others, and keep teammates informed about problems, opportunities, progress, and solutions.
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home