Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
As a Product Manager, Data Platform, you will shape how Flyhomes uses data to empower customers throughout their homebuying journey. You will partner closely with our data engineering, market research, and analytics teams to identify new sources of data to integrate into the Flyhomes experience, improve the performance of our data infrastructure, and set the foundation for the Flyhomes data platform to reach massive scale. This role touches all parts of the company, ingesting millions of data points every day that power our website and mobile apps, communications, and internal tools used by our brokerage, mortgage, and title/escrow teams.
What You Will Do:
- Define the strategy and priorities for the Data team including identifying what data we need to solve customer and business problems and have a perspective on what infrastructure/tools we need to ingest and manage it.
- Ensure the highest data quality standards across our product portfolio.
- Collaborate with your engineering teammates to produce specs, review architectures, and unblock the team.
- Own and manage the software development lifecycle for Flyhomes data products from concept through launch and adoption.
- Help define our high-level product direction with regard to real estate data by working directly with our agents, consumers, and internal stakeholders, and crafting solutions to specific challenges they face in each of our geographical markets
What You Will Bring:
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager working on a technical product or in software project management roles building and launching successful data-driven products
- Skills to manipulate large raw datasets using SQL and/or advanced spreadsheet formulas
- Experience collaborating with teams architecting large-scale data schemas, building data pipelines and ETL tools is preferred.
- Experience setting up processes to continuously measure the quality of data sets is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with diverse teams across the business and technology organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong execution focus, continuously delivering value while prioritizing the next set of investments
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you’ve spearheaded
- Curiosity in all things, a task-oriented streak and a hunger for knowledge
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations
- Creativity and vision: You inject originality into your daily work. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions
- Analytical thinking: You are able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through design.
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common design goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together