Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
The Business Manager at Flyhomes will report to the Chief Operating Officer and partner across the company to catalyze and accelerate the business forward. This role is for an ambitious problem solver who is comfortable tackling undefined and ambiguous problems. They think differently and perform best when adapting problem solving skills in situations where the answer is not obvious. Success will require someone who is comfortable acting/deciding on 70% of the information needed because they understand the value of moving fast, learning and adapting. You are confident in your ability to work on problems that have not been solved before and are changing daily. This role will work daily with the COO on solving the most important issues facing the business daily. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
- Business Management: Perform industry research and analysis to highlight upcoming business trends and competitive dynamics. Define business cases, strategy, OKRs, goals, and timelines and socialize new initiatives with leadership to create buy-in at the executive level.
- Financial Management: Deeply understand unit economics, business levers and key performance metrics across the business to drive better results. Partner with Finance on ROB, budgeting, forecast, planning.
- Executive Communications: own communications strategy and execution to ensure messaging is clear and in alignment with organizational goals.
- Culture and People Programs: work closely with People team to identify, analyze and develop strategies to improve organizational health as indicated by employee feedback, personal observation or other listening channels. Elevate partnership and cross-collaboration between teams, departments and divisions throughout the company.
- Special Programs & Projects: Own stakeholder communication of strategy, goals, timelines, progress, to ensure accountability and that projects achieve stated goals.
- Always represent the office of the COO
What You’ll Bring
- At least 3-5 years of experience building new businesses or products from the ground up.
- 2+ years of experience in a startup environment, lead consulting firm or fast-growing company
- Excellent analytical skills, including data bias correction, quantitative and qualitative research and statistics. A graduate degree in finance, statistics, economics, business administration or a similar field is preferred, but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of real estate & mortgage lending is a preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated excellence in driving new strategies, systems thinking, project management and collaborating across departments.
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management.
- Critical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you.
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Communication: You can explain technical concepts and program implications clearly to a wide and/or non-technical audience, and are able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis