- Prepares closing loan package necessary for individual loan types in accordance with Bank and Investor guidelines as well as Secondary Marketing commitments and requirements.
- Ensures the timely movement and closing of approved loans through the pipeline.
- Contacts Title Companies, Attorneys, Loan Officers, Processors and Insurance Companies to obtain documentation necessary to close mortgage loans.
- Monitors loan status on a continual basis to ensure that timely/qualify standards are achieved.
- Advises all parties of any changes or issues that may occur to ensure high quality standards and customer service.
- Performs a pre-closing quality review of loan files prior to releasing closing package.
- Reviews all preliminary documents provided from attorney/title company to include, but not limited to: Title binder, survey, termite report, Hazard/Flood insurance binder, Deed, HUD1 Settlement Statement, Power of Attorney and/or Trust documentation.
- Completes all disbursement procedures for issuing of funds to attorneys/title company, any necessary refund checks, and release of escrow monies withheld.
- Responds to and resolves technical and complex problems that arise.
- Follows up on any deficiency requests by Shipping and Post-Closing to ensure timely procedure for loan funding.
- Recommends procedural changes to management.
- Complies with company Policies and Procedures, as well as regulatory compliance.
- Keeps abreast of industry regulations and changes.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years experience closing Conventional and government loans.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of real estate lending criteria, compliance, federal/state regulations.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment typical to Mortgage Banking.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with Microsoft Word.
- Experience with Encompass software.