Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Mortgage Loan Closer to join our fast paced start-up environment in our Seattle, WA. Fly team office! We are looking for someone that knows how to take charge, and get loans closed – fast and accurately!
What You’ll Do
- Prepare closing loan packages necessary for individual loan types in accordance with Bank and Investor guidelines as well as Secondary Marketing commitments and requirements.
- Balance lender’s Closing Disclosure with closing agent’s estimated settlement statement.
- Contact Title Companies, Attorneys, Loan Officers, Processors and Insurance Companies to obtain documentation necessary to close mortgage loans.
- Monitor loan status on a continual basis to ensure that timely and quality standards are achieved.
- Advise all parties of any changes or issues that may occur to ensure high quality standards and customer service.
- Perform a pre-closing quality review of loan files prior to releasing the closing package to include, but not limited to Closing Disclosure accuracy, and compliance audit results.
- Review all preliminary documents provided from attorney/title company to include, but not limited to: Title binder, survey, termite report, Hazard/Flood insurance binder, Deed, Closing Disclosure and Settlement Statement, Power of Attorney and/or Trust documentation.
- Complete all disbursement procedures for issuing loan funds to attorneys/title company, any necessary refund checks, and release of escrow monies withheld.
- Respond too and resolve technical and complex problems that arise.
- Comply with company Policies and Procedures, as well as regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as may be required.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 5+ years experience closing residential conventional and government loans.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of real estate lending criteria, compliance, federal/state regulations such as, but not limited to, TRID/RESPA/Reg-Z.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment typical to Mortgage Banking.
- Analytical Thinking; People Management; Leadership; Communication; Problem Solving
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint; Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Google Drive; Slack.
- Experience with Encompass software.
Even if you don’t check all the boxes, please still apply!
- Analytical and Critical Thinker: You employ a commitment to rigorous analysis of data, diagnosis and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with internal clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions
- Action Oriented: You seize opportunities, take on tough challenges and drive ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. You are able to pivot to solution focus and inspire others to do the same
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables and promote high standards, always seeking ways to improve products. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexible: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
- Resourceful: You find ways to get things done efficiently and effectively to accomplish goals and redefine what is possible
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home