Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and creative Senior Front End Engineer to join our Seattle, WA Flyhomes Engineering team!
You’ll be working with the Vertical Integration team on both our brokerage & operations facing tool sets as well as our client facing properties to change the way people buy their next house. The Vertical Integration team is responsible for capturing the workflows, data pipelines and insights necessary for our extremely dedicated business teams to deliver our game changing client experience and financial products. This is an opportunity to have a huge amount of impact on both our engineering architecture and foundations as well as the team’s efficiency and effectiveness with our products.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside engineers, product managers, and designers, to iterate on the design and implementation of our digital products.
- Contribute across the full stack where necessary and be a thought leader on front-end systems and architecture.
- Build efficient, scalable, and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in regular design and code reviews
- Identify and advocate for front-end best practices across the team.
What You’ll Bring
- BA in computer science or engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with server-side API and MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Advanced computer science & engineering fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team.
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home