Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
Flyhome is looking for an experienced Underwriter with strong analytical skills to join our team. We conduct in-depth research prior to approving any application. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and verifying loan applications, evaluating risks, and making loan eligibility decisions with the help of investor guidelines (FNMA /FHLMC along with investor specific guides). You need to ensure the data and documents provided are complete, correct and reliable. You will be responsible to check files that should meet lender and secondary market’s investor guidelines.
- Strong understanding of DU (Desktop Underwriter) and LP (Loan Prospector).
- Perform data evaluation on information retrieved from hard money loan applications.
- Evaluate loan applicable based upon 4 C’s – Credit, Capacity, Capital and Collateral.
- Have understanding that how to calculate LTV (Loan to Value), CLTV (Combined loan-to-value), HCLTV (High Combined Loan to Value), HTI (Housing to income) and DTI (Debt to Income).
- Depth knowledge of Appraisal, title, Credit report, bank statement and Income documents.
- Evaluate the risk involve in approving a loan and check it is acceptable per lender / investor guide or not.
- Reviewing loan and add condition for any gap or missing docs.
- Verify all the provided information with supporting documents and do online search if require (Ex. Employment search or property search on Google).
- Check for additional docs per loan product like PMI (private mortgage insurance) or MI (mortgage insurance)
- Maintain TAT (Turnaround time), accuracy of file, and Service level Standard.
- Prepare reports detailing risk assessment findings and other data that contribute to lending decisions
- Coordinate with other teams for require information and connect with team member to produce the finest level of output.
- Request additional information from Loan Officers when appropriate.
- Render application decisions based on consultations with supervisory underwriter and upper management
- Respond to all emails on time and take follow up if require.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Underwriter
- Should have experience in US mortgage Underwriting.
- Experience of doing Jumbo loan and manual underwriting.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility in terms of shift and role.