Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are looking for a detail oriented and creative Senior Backend Engineer to join our Seattle, WA Fly Engineering team!
You’ll be working on the core backend architecture and APIs that power Flyhomes’ tools, search, and client-facing features. You will have a strong hand in shaping the future of Flyhomes’ architectural evolution.
You should have experience and passion for building out scalable, nimble service architectures with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Ruby and Python.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate on an agile team with Fullstack Engineers and Product Managers to build and release features and enhancements.
- Build efficient, scalable, and reusable services and worker processes.
- Continuously iterate and improve the Flyhomes code-base with our forward looking roadmap in mind
- Find and address performance and security issues
- Participate in regular design and code reviews
- Identify and advocate for engineering best practices across the engineering organization.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience and expert knowledge of service implementations in languages such as Ruby, Python or Java.
- BA in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team.
- Understanding of database design with both relational and key/value stores.
- Interest in modern and RESTful API design principles.
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home