Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience.We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer.We eliminate risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by unifying brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA.What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and take risks to fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
The Mortgage Loan Officer is the main point of contact, providing best in class service at every step of the mortgage process, from pre-underwriting to closing. This role consults with clients, educating them on financing options and loan products, ensuring clients have a great closing experience.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with customers to recommend loan products and other services that are in the best interest of the customer.
- Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of various mortgage loan programs (FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA, etc.) and company products to provide clients with most suitable options
- Obtain, validate, and secure pertinent financial and credit data to qualify clients
- Clearly articulate loan guidelines & underwriting needs upfront to reduce client confusion & churn
- Manage client pipeline to ensure consistent service levels from lead to closed
- Manage the loan application process to assist clients in completing loan applications, collect information to be verified, identify additional information to be provided or obtained, and provide all disclosures and forms to clients as required
- Understand and comply with all applicable government regulations such as RESPA, HMDA and Fair Lending practices
- Promote Flyhomes Mortgage services to prospective clients at networking events, Lunch & Learns, and other marketing events
What You'll Bring
- Two or more years of relevant mortgage experience
- Possess a Washington State License as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) required; additional state licensure preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations. You are adept at relationship management
- Communicative: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You utilize active listening skills and ensure that client’s and colleagues feel heard
- Critical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Work Excellence: You ensure the consistency and quality of how Flyhomes is represented externally via postings, social media and recruitment events. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environments (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home