Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We eliminate risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by unifying brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and take risks to fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
We are currently seeking an analytical and detail-oriented Payroll Analyst to build out process and implement a payroll system for our growing organization and join our Fly Finance team in Seattle!
The Payroll Analyst is an integral member of the finance team providing day to day payroll support focused on delivering operational excellence and accurate payroll results. This role will be involved in developing and documenting payroll processes and internal controls to ensure scalability and continuing effectiveness as the Company expands across new national markets. The Payroll Analyst will also provide support with system implementations, key compliance audits and equity transaction reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and process bi-weekly and semi-monthly, multi-state payrolls and special payments, to include delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed
- Implement and administer variable pay protocol and run monthly attainment reporting to process incentives, as well as other taxable benefits and reimbursements.
- Initiate payment of 401(k), garnishments and other withholdings to appropriate agencies
- Provide excellent payroll support with timely responses to payroll-related inquiries from employees, management and outside agencies, serving as a resource for payroll issues
- Assist with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits
- Provide standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Brokerage, Mortgage, Legal, and People Operations
- Create and maintain payroll documentation as it relates to processing, operational procedures, internal controls, compliance, and other payroll-related matters to include variable pay protocol
- Conduct regular audits and testing of payroll procedures, records and system. Lead system implementation, integration and upgrade projects
- Support payroll entries in the general ledger. Update and maintain all required internal reconciliations and schedules related to payroll.
- Handle special projects and provide backup support as needed for finance/accounting team
What You’ll Bring
- Five or more years’ experience in payroll administration supporting high growth organizations
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state payroll and tax regulations
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth start-up environment preferred
- Knowledge of payroll processing software’s and experience with implementation
- Highly proficient in utilizing various computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Google Suite apps (e.g. Google Sheets)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field from accredited college preferred
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to satisfy colleagues and deliver on their expectations. You are a subject matter expert on all things payroll, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- Communications: You have great written and verbal communication with the ability to convey messaging to diverse audiences. You utilize active listening skills and ensure that client’s and colleagues feel heard.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: You synthesize complex and diverse information. You use intuition and experience to complement data; designing work-flows and procedures with a thoughtful approach to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your internal clients and the company
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
- Ethical:You demonstrate integrity and exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the wellbeing of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Commuter benefits
- Charitable donation match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please…rebates when buying / selling a home