Flux is an internal mobility platform that helps employees grow while contributing to the work. Flux intelligently matches employees to opportunities they can excel at: from part-time projects and rotations to learning, mentorship, or full-time roles. As a result, companies gain complete visibility into their workforce and fill positions faster while promoting a culture of recognition and progression.
With rapid market growth ahead, Flux plans to expand multiple teams significantly in 2022. So it's an excellent time to join!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Flux is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the data engineering team.
This position is remote-friendly. Flux currently has team members in New York, San Francisco, and Portland (Oregon).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build an ML-based matching engine of Flux products.
- Build an analytical system and operate Flux's data warehouse.
- Shape the product you build. Interact with client-facing teams to understand the product from the user perspective, contribute your ideas, create a product that makes you proud.
- Own features from end to end. You build it; you run it. Monitor features after release, collect and analyze usage, iterate.
- Share your knowledge. So you can take a vacation without people calling you to ask questions. Write good documents, circulate them, make sure your teammates find them afterward.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE IN YOU
- Passion for building a clean system and writing clean codes.
- Curiosity in pursuing engineering best practices and adapting to changes.
- Strong logical deduction and troubleshooting abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Goal-oriented and organized. Have a good sense of tradeoff.
- 3+ years of experience building data systems
- Proficient with Python and SQL. Fast to pick up new languages and technologies.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Machine Learning is preferred.
TEAM TECH STACK
- Web: Node.js, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, Auth0, Cypress.js
- Data: Python, Tensorflow, Snowflake, DBT, AWS Step Functions
- DevOps: AWS CDK, AWS ECS, Lambda, Sentry, Datadog
See https://stackshare.io/flux-work/flux-work for a complete list
Flux provides health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K. We've been working in distribution from day one, and employees have a monthly stipend for internet expenses and other comforts to ensure this whole WFH thing is as smooth as possible.
All employees are equity holders in the company - you're not just building and selling the best talent mobility & development product on the planet, but you're helping author the company with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.