Flume Health helps employers make their health plans more affordable and easier to use. We work with self funded companies as their health administrator (TPA) and replace the incumbent insurance carrier. We are reinventing the healthcare supply chain and what it means to provide healthcare coverage -- from the app you use to find a doctor, to the payments happening in the background. We want to make a more efficient market and better patient experience.
At Flume Health, you’ll work alongside other self-starters solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex healthcare industry. Investing your time with Flume means having an immediate impact on the health and lives of our members. You’re empowered to do what’s best for our clients and their employees, and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need to.
Flume Health was founded in 2018 and launched in January 2019. We have raised over $4M from investors including Accomplice VC, Primary VC, Founder Collective, and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA). Our office is in midtown Manhattan.
Flume Health is seeking a customer service rep for our concierge team. Support is provided via phone, email, and chat to both members (the employees and their families to whom we administer healthcare) and healthcare providers (doctors and hospitals that see our members). Contact inquiries from members will be about topics such as how a member can best use their benefits, questions regarding claims pricing and claim status, requests for help finding a doctor, and help getting in touch with our team of nurses on call to discuss managing chronic conditions, such as asthma and diabetes. We pride ourselves on building strong, trusted relationships by being extremely responsive and empathetic, delivering actionable information, and helping members resolve problems.
The concierge team will also take calls from healthcare providers, mainly requesting information about how claims were priced and that status of claims / payments, and will make outbound calls to doctors' offices in areas we have members to recruit them into our Flume Community.
The Member and Provider Support Representative will take and follow up on member and provider inquiries using our CRM, and will be responsible for meeting specific resolution / escalation metrics.
Daily responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining excellent service standards (resolving routine cases in under 24 hours, and a net provider score of +40)
- Managing your support queue to ensure inquiries are resolved in the appropriate time frame
- Using our frameworks (call trees, escalations, scripts, etc…) to address member and provider support inquiries consistently
Need to Have:
- 2+ years in a customer support or CX role
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and metrics-focused
- Great communication skills with the ability to foster consistent delivery of brand voice and tone across multiple customer-facing channels
- Quick learner who will rapidly and proactively develop a deep understanding of our service offerings
- Able to think quickly on your feet and respond to dynamic customer requests
- Service-based orientation, no matter how crazy things get
Nice to Have:
- Healthcare-specific support experience
Company Culture and Values
- Get to know our users & blow them away
- Be candid and assume good intent
- Experiment with new ideas, plan carefully, and execute with precision
- Be good: only do things that would make your mother proud
- Don’t cut corners
- Be an owner
Working at Flume Health
This is a full-time position. We will different people time-shift to cover different time zone (say from 8:30AM to 5:00PM and from 10:30AM to 8:00PM, all ET). We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as Paid Time Off.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.