Flume Health helps employers make their health plans more affordable and easier to use. We work with self funded companies as their health administrator (TPA) and replace the incumbent insurance carrier. We are reinventing the healthcare supply chain and what it means to provide healthcare coverage -- from the app you use to find a doctor, to the payments happening in the background. We want to make a more efficient market and better patient experience.
At Flume Health, you’ll work alongside other self-starters solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex healthcare industry. Investing your time with Flume means having an immediate impact on the health and lives of our members. You’re empowered to do what’s best for our clients and their employees, and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need to.
Flume Health was founded in 2018 and launched in January 2019. We have raised over $4M from investors including Accomplice VC, Primary VC, Founder Collective, and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA). Our office is in midtown Manhattan.
As a digital TPA, we can reimburse providers very quickly and pass along huge discounts to our customers. Sounds amazing right?
To make this a reality, our team is looking for a Manager of Flume Community. We are looking for a person who will be part product manager, part operations manager, part campaign manager, and part evangelist. Someone who loves solving tough logistical puzzles and is excited to work directly with our operations team and healthcare providers (doctors and hospitals) who serve members. In this role, you must be willing to get on the phone to learn firsthand how to create a better journey for physicians (and hospitals), while you oversee the activities of our Provider Support team. The ideal candidate loves digging into the data, working closely with operational and technical teams, and adding efficiencies to our approach as we scale.
To be clear: building the Flume Community means having a direct impact on the cost and availability of healthcare to the members we serve.
What You’ll Do
- Own the outreach to providers in areas we have members for both Flume Community (direct contracting) and Flume Pay (single case agreements); this involves "selling" the benefits to joining the Community or accepting Flume Pay to practices and hospitals
- Experiment with outbound transaction initiation - redefining the relationship healthcare providers have with payers (“insurance”)
- Share data-driven insights from your day-to-day learnings with the broader team to help inform long-term product development
- Look to constantly rethink the healthcare payer <> provider transaction model
What You’ll Need
- A knack for solving complex analytical problems
- The ability to design and run experiments
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to read between the lines (what are users actually doing vs. what they're saying)
- Insane follow-through and attention to detail (so things don't fall between the cracks)
- Willingness to try new things and fail often
- A burning frustration with the healthcare status quo
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience configuring and loading data into CRMs
Company Culture & Values
- Get to know our users & blow them away
- Be candid and assume good intent
- Experiment with new ideas, plan carefully, and execute with precision
- Be good: only do things that would make your mother proud
- Don’t cut corners
- Be an owner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.