Floyd is changing the way people buy, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are designed in-house and are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and, as a digitally native brand, the experience of buying it. We’re venture-backed and growing fast!
We don’t just make furniture — we care about the environment and all who inhabit it. We believe diversity is important in all areas of our business. We are actively pursuing people who will add to & evolve our culture because we know when folks from different backgrounds get in a room together, we make magic. We’re building an inspiring & inclusive place where people can work and grow…so we can make really great furniture.
Where You Come In
The Social Media Manager is a key member of the marketing team, managing all social media platforms and engaging with the Floyd community across all social media platforms. This role is responsible for the daily posting, monitoring and engaging with our community, as well as providing creative ideation for content on a consistent basis, working closely with the creative and content production team. You must be passionate about the power of social media and community engagement. You thrive in creating and facilitating relationships across a wide variety of people and you understand the power social media plays in growing a company.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for creating high-impact strategically positioned social content, with a focus on storytelling, brand engagement & discovery.
- Build a presence & cultivate community across social channels.
- Take ownership of daily content strategy, output & insights.
- Oversee and grow influencer relationships.
- Continually test channel-specific strategies, learn across audiences, and report findings to the Management team.
- Create strategies for emerging and underutilized channels.
- Contribute to ideation and execution of social media campaigns and brand marketing activations.
This Might Describe You
- 2+ years social media experience.
- A positive attitude and willingness to take on last-minute initiatives in stride.
- Experience with social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time-management skills.
- Strong awareness and understanding of competitor creative and concepts.
- Have an understanding of paid media and the partnership between it and organic social media.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Strong, proactive written and verbal communication skills.
Why Join Us
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for everyone at the company, including part-time staff
- Equity in a high-growth, venture-backed company
- 401k with generous employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave. We believe work is just one part of living fulfilling lives
- Relocation provided when it makes sense
- A mission-driven culture
- Every new employee receives a Floyd product of their choice. :)
This role will be full-time and based at Floyd HQ in Detroit.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. Floyd encourages you to break that statistic and apply. No one ever meets all of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.