Floyd is changing the way people buy, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are designed in-house and are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and, as a digitally native brand, the experience of buying it. We’re venture-backed and growing fast!
We don’t just make furniture — we care about the environment and all who inhabit it. We believe diversity is important in all areas of our business. We are actively pursuing people who will add to & evolve our culture because we know when folks from different backgrounds get in a room together, we make magic. We’re building an inspiring & inclusive place where people can work and grow…so we can make really great furniture.
Where You Come In
Floyd is looking for a dynamic Executive Assistant to report directly to the CEO and COO. This person will split their time supporting the CEO and COO with administrative needs. The ideal candidate demonstrates excellence in decision-making, and is hyper-focused on deliverables. The Executive Assistant should be a strong communicator, who is comfortable with a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Provide administrative support to CEO and COO of Floyd, including but not limited to, scheduling of meetings, and overall calendar management
- Prepare and handle confidential correspondence with discretion
- Independently organize internal onsite/offsite meetings
- Proactively stay informed of company policies, guidelines, and key projects, and provide relevant reminders for upcoming events and projected related deadlines to applicable team members
- Assist CEO and COO in meeting preparation by gathering relevant materials, and occasionally preparing agenda or deck for presentation
- Communicate with internal/external partners at all levels of the organization
This Might Describe You
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a technology company, ideally a start-up
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Slack, and Google Suite is required
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently under minimal supervision is required
- Experience in Design, PowerPoint, KeyNote or other presentation software highly preferred
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Monday, and Trello preferred
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Committed employee with a passion for representing the Floyd brand and our mission
We understand that confidence levels can get in the way of meeting great candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Why Join Us
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for everyone at the company, including part-time staff
- Equity in a high-growth, venture-backed company
- 401k with generous employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave. We believe work is just one part of living fulfilling lives
- A mission-driven culture
- Every new employee receives a Floyd product of their choice. :)
This role will be full-time and based at Floyd HQ in Detroit.