Floyd is changing the way people consume, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long-lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and the experience of buying it. Floyd is a venture-backed company that’s growing rapidly and responsibly.
We don’t just make furniture — we care about the environment and all who inhabit it. We believe diversity is important in all areas of our business. We are actively pursuing people who will add to & evolve our culture because we know when folks from different backgrounds get in a room together, we make magic. We’re building an inspiring & inclusive place where people can work and grow…so we can make really great furniture.
Where You Come In
Operations is the lifeblood of any organization. At Floyd, it is a competitive advantage. We are disrupting the furniture industry by not only designing a great product and superb customer experience but also building a best-in-class supply chain and operational model. You’ll be at the forefront of this — working closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure Floyd’s manufacturing and production network is optimized to support continued growth.
What You'll Do
- Monitor inventory and generate purchase orders to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Track purchase orders from acknowledgment to shipping, ensuring product is shipped accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the logistics team on inbound freight schedule and reconcile warehouse receipts against open purchase orders.
- Coordinate with Floyd’s logistics team on any inbound discrepancies or issues.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with internal stakeholders on purchase order status.
- Track on-time delivery performance and order accuracy from suppliers.
- Assist in onboarding Floyd’s Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
- Maintain Floyd’s item master, including updates to SKUs, dimensions, weights, etc.
- Analyze operations and continually seek opportunities to improve
This Might Describe You
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or a related field OR
- 2+ years experience working in operations, inventory management, or logistics preferred
- Strong proficiency in spreadsheet software (ex. MS Excel or Google Sheets). You are comfortable using formulas and are familiar with formatting best practices
- Understanding of supply chain organization and familiar with common supply chain terminology a plus
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to evolving contexts
- Highly organized and able to balance priorities independently
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You respond to written requests in a timely manner and are not afraid to pick up the phone if needed.
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement — for yourself and others
- Enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Familiarity with Netsuite (or another ERP system) a plus
- Competitive pay
- Health coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave
- Amazing mission-driven work culture
- Opportunity to shape the future of a high-growth, venture-backed company