Floyd is changing the way people buy, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are designed in-house and are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and, as a digitally native brand, the experience of buying it. We’re venture-backed and growing fast!
We don’t just make furniture — we care about the environment and all who inhabit it. We believe diversity is important in all areas of our business. We are actively pursuing people who will add to & evolve our culture because we know when folks from different backgrounds get in a room together, we make magic. We’re building an inspiring & inclusive place where people can work and grow…so we can make really great furniture.
Where You Come In
Product is at the heart of what we do at Floyd and what we see as one of our greatest differentiators. We’re just getting started—our ambition is to develop thoughtful, long-lasting products for every part of the home. You will play a critical role at this company, that will guide the company through development and analysis of our digital product.
As Floyd’s Director of Web Product and Innovation, you will act as the lead software engineer focused on bringing new digital products and integrations to life on the Shopify platform. You will develop and manage an internal web development team and work with a small multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, product managers and strategists, as well as an outside development agency. You will validate product ideas, find development opportunities, design solutions, challenge assumptions and collaborate with the internal clients to make new digital products a reality. You’ll make decisions on digital product direction and stand up for creating value for both customers and the business. You will be responsible for executing within the Floyd product strategy process with a focus on internal client and customer needs, including:
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with internal clients, stakeholders, UX designers, and outside developers to design and produce tight, forward-thinking and scalable experiences
- Work with our internal stakeholders to improve e-commerce best practices
- Build out custom Shopify and Shogun themes and modify pre-existing themes
- Work with Product Management to scope and schedule new functionality requests
- Develop solutions in collaboration with UX designers and outside developers
- Identify risks to the product’s success and devise solutions for how to reduce the risk
This Might Describe You
- Proficient in latest features of Shopify Plus as well as API Integrations, custom Shopify app modification and developing
- Experience with PWAs
- Experience in building Shopify themes and custom sections with non-standard functionality
- Experience with Shogun Page Builder
- Experience building and leading a high functioning engineering team
- An understanding of the nature of troubleshooting and resolution tracking while also developing solutions
- Able to move between projects and understand business needs that drive features, and stay consultative throughout
- A builder and a disruptor
- A great team player and positive-minded
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- An exceptional manager, with an ability to communicate decisions and influence decision-making in different contexts
- Huge plus if you have UX/ UI Design Experience
If you’re a Full-Stack Engineer with Shopify experience and leadership skills and if this role resonates with you, let’s talk. We understand that confidence levels can get in the way of meeting great candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Why Join Us
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for everyone at the company, including part-time staff
- Equity in a high-growth, venture-backed company
- 401k with generous employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave. We believe work is just one part of living fulfilling lives
- Relocation provided when it makes sense
- A mission-driven culture
- Every new employee receives a Floyd product of their choice. :)
This role will be full-time and can be done remotely.