Floyd is changing the way people buy, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are designed in-house and are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and, as a digitally native brand, the experience of buying it. We’re venture-backed and growing fast!
Where You Come In
We are looking to hire our first IT Specialist to support our company’s growth and dynamic work environment. We have a nationwide team of 50+ people with more on the way. Recently, the majority of us moved to remote work. However, a few job functions still require on-site access to our Floyd HQ and R&D Lab. They are located in the Eastern Market neighborhood of Detroit, MI and are patiently waiting for our eventual return.
What You'll Do
We’ll be leaning on you to design and implement best-in-class IT infrastructure to support our dynamic work environment from the building level down to the user level. Your solution should support both on-site and remote work and a mixed-environment that consist of roughly 80% macOS and 20% Windows laptops. This role will directly report to the Head of Finance.
In particular, your work can be classified under the following three areas of expertise: security, IT management and administration, and user support and services.
- Manage technology-related policies
- Mitigate the risk of data breaches and cyber attacks
- Define security requirements and policies to keep work contributions private
- Ensure technology related projects meet defined security requirements
IT Management & Administration
- Ensure IT projects run smoothly and help company strategy
- Strategic planning for IT related improvements
- Manage IT projects from scoping/budgeting to implementation
- Scoping IT projects and meeting with vendors
User Support & Services
- Provide technology assistance to internal team
- Set up hardware and software, troubleshoot technical issues, and make improvements to reduce instances of technical problems
- Develop and lead technology onboarding/offboarding strategy
- Develop standardized technology outfits for specific work functions
- Procure and manage hardware, software, and related assets (licenses, warranties, etc.).
- Help people feel empowered with their technology through education
This Might Describe You
- Bachelor’s degree in IT management or computer science is preferred
- 2+ years experience working in a previous IT role is preferred
- Familiarity with macOS, Windows, Google Workspace and AWS is preferred
- Highly organized and comfortable balancing priorities
- Skilled relationship manager
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement — for yourself and others
- Enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to evolving context
Regardless of your location, this role would be remote until at least January 2021. We’re a company that places a high value on creating spaces to bring people together. As such, we would prefer openness to relocating to Detroit in the future when the opportunity opens up.
Why Join Us
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for everyone at the company, including part-time staff
- 401k with generous employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave. We believe work is just one part of living fulfilling lives
- A mission-driven culture
- Opportunity to shape the future of a high-growth, venture-backed company
- Every new full-time employee receives a Floyd product of their choice
- Equity in a high growth, venture-backed company