Floyd is changing the way people buy and engage with furniture. Our products are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and the experience of buying it. We're venture-backed & growing fast!
Where You Come In
We are looking for an outstanding brand designer to lead and innovate on Floyd’s brand identity & vision. The ideal candidate is someone who can bring creative concepts and ideas to the table, – and bring it to life across various mediums. You will create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of digital & print media to help lead Floyd's brand vision. In this role, you will work closely with our eComm, UX, product, and leadership teams to craft our visual brand identity and ensure continuity across all touch-points.
What You'll Do
- Bring a keen eye for effective typography, iconography, color, layout, texture, and transitions that work within the context of the Floyd brand.
- Innovate on our existing brand standards to keep our image fresh.
- Create brand identities for collaborations and brand marketing initiatives.
- Ensure brand guidelines and strict quality standards are consistent throughout all artwork.
- Work across different mediums, including digital, web, print, packaging, experiential, and traditional media campaigns.
- Simplify concepts and complex ideas into visually stunning and playful designs.
- Help to grow the creative team by mentoring junior designers, providing guidance and input on hiring and team structure, and overseeing freelance work.
This Might Describe You
- 5+ years of work experience in design.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma and Sketch.
- Technical proficiency in print with knowledge of paper and textiles.
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and prioritization abilities.
- A spirit of collaboration and an entrepreneurial mindset focused on problem solving.
- Experience working with cross functional stakeholders across verticals and disciplines.
- You love feedback and encourage opportunities to fine-tune your work.
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- A love for creating video and motion graphics.
- Copywriting skills to help bring life to your visual design.
- In-house, brand, or agency experience.
Why Join Us
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for everyone at the company, including part-time staff
- 401k with generous employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave. We believe work is just one part of living fulfilling lives
- A mission-driven culture
- Every new employee receives a Floyd product of their choice. :)