As a Graduate Trader with Flow Traders you will follow an initial 4-6 months intensive in-house training program in our Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, covering all intricate details of our trading processes. Upon successful completion, you will start in our Hong Kong office and begin to manage a desk together with a senior trader. Gradually you will take on more responsibilities, start to formulate strategies and begin trading/ monitoring markets at your own desk focusing on a wide range of financial products.
Who are we looking for
Passion for Trading is vital! In addition you have a relevant university degree, demonstrable interest in global financial markets and a keen interest in IT systems. You are competitive by nature, thrive on innovation, creative and have the ability to deliver under pressure. Fluent English communication skills are a must.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree
- Demonstrable interest in Trading
- Knowledge of Excel and affinity for development languages are beneficial
- Innovative & creative high potential with excellent mental arithmetic abilities
- Ability to reason logically and deliver under pressure
- Combine a distinct ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- Fluent in English communication skills
- Ambitious, assertive, outgoing and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Quick response time to any issues that affect mission critical trading decisions.
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments with an excellent compensation package. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
Flow Traders is a principal trading firm. We are a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specialised in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). We continuously provide liquidity to the major financial markets. Our sophisticated in-house technology platform enables us to quote prices on many exchanges simultaneously. We also quote bid and ask prices off-exchange to institutional counterparties on request. Robust risk management is at the core of our business, and our risk functions are closely integrated into our platform. Our headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in New York, Singapore and Cluj, accommodate over 200 employees.
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.
- A numerical test administered at our office or online based on the candidates location. Click for an example of our tests.
- An online capacity test.
- A face to face interview with a recruiter. Overseas candidates will be invited to a video conference interview instead.
- A face to face interview with a recruiter and trader. Overseas candidates will attend a similar video interview.
- A quantitative assessment and case-study interview at our office, conducted by two senior traders.
On-campus recruiting: We recruit on-campus at certain universities in Asia. Students at these schools are invited to apply through this process. See our on-campus recruiting schedule.