Flow Traders is looking for an experienced VMware Engineer to join our growing Technology team in APAC. The ideal candidate is motivated to work in a team-oriented environment with a focus on delivering on highly complex projects. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
The VMware Engineer will administer and support an existing environment, as well as plan, install and configure the systems needed to maintain a high performing and fast paced trading environment. They will also work closely with the Windows Engineers to jointing work on Windows based projects and load balance for support related activities.
What You Will Do
- Lead the Design, install and administer virtualisation (VMware) products in APAC region
- Lead the Design, install and administer storage products (Pure Storage, Lenovo, vSan, etc.)
- Administer and manage VMware ESXi, vSAN and VDI clusters in multiple locations in the APAC region
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and keep the APAC VMware and storage environments up to date in an efficient and proactive manner
- Provide regular day to day operational support of VMware and Storage environment in the APAC region
- Work closely with the Windows Engineers to jointly support Microsoft related technologies.
- Provide support and coverage for Windows server related issues.
- Be the main point of contact for any technical issues within the APAC region while also supporting the EMEA and US regions during the APAC time zone
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Strong knowledge of the following VMware technologies:
- vSphere 7 Preferred; 6.7 is a must
- VMware Site Recovery Manager 8.x
- vSphere Replication 8.x
- vRealize Operations Manager 8.x
- Horizon 8 preferred; 7 is a must
- UAG (Unified Access Gateway)
- vGPU technologies (NVIDIA)
- NSX (preferred but not mandatory)
- Prior experience in Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of Domain Controllers, DNS, GPO
- Knowledge of Azure AD
- Installing or upgrading Windows systems and servers
- Providing technical support for staff and back-end system users
- Operation and maintenance of Windows Servers 2016 & 2019
- Communication skills to effectively communicate complex solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop innovate solution for complex problems
- Submit your resume
- Speak with our Recruitment team
- Meet members of our Global Engineering team
- Meet with members of our Executive team
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage
- In-house lounge with a bar, pool table and console games;
- Daily catered breakfast and lunch with healthy snacks and drinks available throughout the day;
- In-house hairdresser and massage therapist;
- Personal trainers, weekly boot camps and a subsidized gym membership;
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.