Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to join our growing Technology team in APAC. The ideal candidate possesses a great sense of ownership and passion for working with the latest technologies. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to build, improve, and maintain our complex Linux environment. They will work closely with other systems engineering teams (Windows, Database, Storage, VMware) to further develop a coherent and robust infrastructure.
They will also be expected to closely collaborate with Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers and other business stakeholders to support the uptime, maintenance, security and monitoring of our distributed and cloud-native technology stack, specifically Hadoop, Kafka and Kubernetes.
What You Will Do
- Administer, upgrade, and improve the server/workstation configurations using a centralised management platform
- Provide regular day to day operational support for any Linux-related systems issues in APAC region as well as EMEA and US regions during the APAC time zone
- Design, install and administer on-prem and cloud infrastructures to support the stream and batch processing workflows and cloud ETL reporting infrastructure
- Collaborate with Development and other IT teams to provision environments for new projects
- Automate deployments and implement innovative improvements to our complex setup
- Develop new solutions to existing problems through research and development projects
- Stay on top of new technologies and suggest/implement improvements to our technology stack
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Linux distributions and networking (e.g. DNS, DHCP, routing/switching, multicast)
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Foreman/Puppet, Ansible)
- Prior experience with container virtualisation tools such as Docker, VMware
- Working knowledge in heterogeneous environments (e.g Active Directory integration)
- Solid understanding of storage, load balancing, server hardware
- Proficiency with version control systems (preferably git)
- Scripting skills in Python or Bash
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skillset with a focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and possess a strong work ethic
- Submit your resume
- Speak with our Recruitment team
- Meet members of our Global Engineering team
- Meet with members of our Executive team
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage
- In-house lounge with a bar, pool table and console games;
- Daily catered breakfast and lunch with healthy snacks and drinks available throughout the day;
- In-house hairdresser and massage therapist;
- Personal trainers, weekly boot camps and a subsidized gym membership;
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.