Flow Traders is looking for an experienced strategy professional to serve as the firm’s Head of Corporate Strategy, to be based in Amsterdam.
You have a strong strategy background and seek a position where you can reshape and further improve a company’s strategy in the broadest sense, relating to further building the company’s existing core, building out attractive adjacencies and to embark upon potential break-out opportunities. In this context, you are a strategic thinker who enjoys working with and challenging the Management Board and Supervisory Board.
In this position, you will act as trusted advisor to the Management Board and Supervisory Board of Flow Traders N.V., the Euronext Amsterdam-listed entity within the overall Flow Traders group. You will work closely together with both Boards, the various Supervisory Board committees, the Legal team, Investor Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate Communications, the Regulatory Compliance Team and other internal and external stakeholders. You will directly report to Flow Traders’ Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who oversees Strategy, M&A and Investor Relations, in addition to Finance & Tax.
You are a strong communicator who is able to navigate through, and weigh the interests of, various internal and external stakeholders. Your ideal work environment is fast-paced, dynamic and informal with a high growth FinTech culture.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading technology-enabled proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capabilities. If you aim high, the sky really is the limit!
What you will do
- Review, analyze and further develop Flow Traders’ existing strategy and ecosystem approach
- Build a best-in-class knowledge database, comprising all relevant internal and external intelligence required for the ongoing assessment and development of Flow Traders’ strategy (e.g., relating to market trend analyses, competitor analyses, analyses of emerging regulatory changes etc.)
- Design and perform analytical/quantitative and qualitative analyses to support Flow Traders’ strategy process (e.g., by building revenue and profit pools, alongside forecasts based on trend analyses etc.)
- Support in further developing Flow Traders’ Equity Story and in identifying additional KPIs (both for internal and external communication) to monitor and track the company’s success in executing its Equity Story alongside its associated tactical and strategic initiatives
- Provide ongoing support with regard to the company’s strategy and ecosystem approach to Flow Traders’ CFO, the Management and Supervisory Board; more specifically, support, advice and challenge Flow Traders’ Management and Supervisory Board on:
- Ongoing market evolution and relevant market structure changes, understanding the impact of these changes on Flow Traders’ existing strategy, both related to opportunities and threats
- The company’s strategic agenda, both from a today-forward and future back/ market scenario perspective
- The company’s systematic ecosystem approach, related to existing, emerging and new strategic investments within and outside the global market maker sector
- Provide support in identifying, building and cultivating external relationships to relevant counter-parties (competitors, industry networks, industry experts, VC/ PE investors, regulators etc.) to help further building Flow Traders’ reputation in global financial markets and to systematically bring in external insights
- Together with Flow Traders‘ CFO and Investor Relations Officer (IRO) prepare, facilitate and engage in external communication on the company’s strategy and ecosystem-related topics
- Facilitate smooth and effective communication lines between the Management and Supervisory Board as well as external auditors and legal counsel (as required)
What you need to succeed
- Business or similar degree from leading university (preferably on Master, MBA or PhD level)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position at a firm within the financial services sector, preferably in the financial market infrastructure sector
- High degree of natural affinity with global financial markets and the ongoing market structure evolution (esp. around crypto/ digital assets/ decentralized finance, ESG etc.)
- Being a strategic thinker, influencer and self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong diplomatic and facilitation skills, including being a strong communicator and someone who enjoys managing multiple stakeholders across a variety of topics
- Excellent attention to detail and experienced in preparing highly impactful presentations for the Management and Supervisory Board
- A proactive and flexible personality who thrives in a fast-paced environment and fits in with our agile company culture
- Fluency in English (and Dutch desirable) both written and spoken
The Strategy Professional will be appointed by the Management Board with approval from the Supervisory Board.
Flow Traders fosters an entrepreneurial, innovative and strong team-oriented culture, which rewards people for their contributions to the company as a whole, rather than only in their direct area of responsibility. The company has a strong track record in recruiting, developing and retaining talent. It nurtures its unique ‘one team’ philosophy by stimulating the sharing of ideas and best practices through employee rotation both within and between its offices.
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a very competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions