Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Core Java Developer to join our growing Product Development team in Cluj-Napoca. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
We work in small teams, grouped by business area. In the Java space, the teams are: Core, Risk Tools, Compliance Tools, Institutional Tools, Trading Tools and Strategies. Each team is typically responsible for a set of related applications, and works in tight collaboration with business owners. We maintain libraries shared across the teams to enable code re-use and to have a common view on application architecture. We write extensive unit tests, and have a QA team that supports us with integration testing. We follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
Some of the technologies we use in development process
- Common stack: Java 8 & Java 11, Netty, Chronicle Queue, Hibernate, MariaDB, Cassandra, gRPC, Guava, Prometheus
- Big Data stack: Kafka, HDFS, AirFlow, Spark, Avro, Hazelcast, Kubernetes, Docker
- Web/UI: Spring MVC, Jetty, Mustache, JavaFX, Jackson
- Testing: Mockito, Truth, JUnit5
- Development life-cycle support: Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, Jira, Sonar Cube, IntelliJ IDEA, your-kit
What you will do
Software Engineers in Flow Traders are working on applications that support the core business of the company. Our systems make it possible for Flow Traders to be present and competitive on exchanges worldwide. There is all kinds of code to write, from systems on (or close to) the critical path, from receiving market data to placing orders, to systems handling huge amounts of data in reliable, performant and traceable manner.
Our future colleague will be writing code, creating new designs and maintaining existing applications with a focus on performance and stability. Our business users are typically only a walk away, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, we strive to follow best software engineering practices and are supported by the best working environment, latest technology and continuous support from all parts of Flow Traders organisation.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years post-graduation work experience
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Core Java experience
- Experience in parallel and multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Interest in achieving maximum performance from available hardware and software
- Ability to communicate with technical and business colleagues
- Working experience in professional software development
- Fluency in English
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Home-like office and a relaxation room
- Group health insurance plan
- Meal tickets and fruit and sweet/savory snacks provided throughout the day
- Weekly chair massages
- Gym subscription
- Christmas dinner
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.