Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join our growing Cloud Site Reliability Engineering team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
The Cloud Security Engineer builds, maintains, and continuously improves cloud networks and cloud-based systems. They are responsible for the secure operations of our cloud infrastructure, platforms, and software. Continuously assessing risks, coverage and necessary remediation, they guide the DevSecOps practice and enable the organization to gain speed and resilience with its Cloud Security Posture. The Cloud SRE Team will be your base, but you will also join our Virtual Security Team, that consists of Flow's security experts globally.
What you will do
Daily responsibilities of a Cloud Security Engineer include:
- Creating cloud-based programs including implementing identity and access management and securely configuring cloud environments
- Champion our journey toward DevSecOps and support the organization to shift-left
- Enable teams by promoting best practices in day-to-day application development tasks
- Pave the way toward a continuous posture assessment and compliance remediation across cloud resources, from data encryption to workload protection by leveraging CSPM and WPP technologies.
- Work toward increasing and maintaining security monitoring coverage, and take a ownership role in responding to (Cloud) incidents.
- Identifying and defining security requirements for Cloud and on-premises Linux systems in an agile manner and using critical path, responding to business needs and threat landscape.
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years working as a Cloud engineer with a focus on security
- Knowledge of engaging Security within sustained operational environments
- Expertise with Security Monitoring tools (EDR, NDR, SIEM)
- Extensive experience in working with GCP or AWS
- Experience writing and maintaining Infrastructure as code: e.g. Terraform
- Familiarity with large Kubernetes deployments
- Extensive knowledge of Linux
- Experience with securing and analyzing the security of Cloud environments and Linux based systems
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and experience integrating security in the loop
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and multicast
- Scripting skills in Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl
- Attracted to the dynamics of the financial markets
- (Cloud) Security Architecture familiarity is desirable
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
As we are unable to invite you over to our office, we would like to give you a virtual office tour!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.