Flow Traders is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
About the team
The Finance Team at Flow Traders continuously seeks opportunities to improve its systems and methods, develop new ways to monitor and track data, and increase transparency by capturing and communicating the firm’s costs to management. The Finance Team tries to achieve this by continuously looking at ways to automate its processes and applying new data analytical tools. In addition to managing and reporting on the firm’s costs the Finance Team is actively involved in safeguarding the capital position of the company. The Finance Team stays up to date about new regulations and accounting standards and actively shares knowledge of new developments within the global organization.
Our Amsterdam-based Finance Team is made up of 6 colleagues: two Finance Analysts, two Finance Administrators, one Group Controller and the Global Head of Finance, to whom everyone reports to. There are also Finance colleagues present in our London, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York and Cluj offices.
At Flow Traders you will be working on various projects and new initiatives that require your input from a finance perspective. You will notice that no day is the same at Flow Traders and that your planning may be jeopardized by new initiatives, but that is exactly what you like about the job. When you are half way of your day, you either decide to go for a work-out at the gym during lunch or take a lunch break and sit with other Flow Traders colleagues. After lunch, it is only a few hours ahead before our NY office opens, which will give you an opportunity to catch up with the NY finance team. At the end of the day, you can unwind at the Flow bar to catch up with your colleagues with a drink or arcade games, if you feel like it.
What you will do
The main duties are listed below, but please do keep in mind that this role may also involve a significant amount of ad hoc work.
- Support the timely and accurate financial reporting of the Dutch entities
- Assist in performing the consolidation and preparation of the group financials
- Work on automating the financial processes using SQL, Excel, PowerBi or other software programs
- Assist in the day to day operations such as accounts payable, cash forecasting and payments
- Work on improving the business analysis and costs insights of the business
- Work on budgeting in the group
- Be a go-to person for finance related questions
- Work cross-functionally with team members in other departments (Risk/Mid-Office, IT)
- Supporting on a variety of ad hoc projects as required
What you need to succeed
We are looking for an ambitious Financial Analyst with 2-3 years of working experience, who is accustomed to working on a data analytical side in the finance department preferably with relevant exposure to the financial services industry. You have the ability to communicate (both written and spoken) perfectly in English.
- You are a self-starter, proactive and used to taking initiative
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills
- You enjoy problem solving and working under pressure
- Database experience (SQL) is a strong plus
- Exposure and knowledge to IFRS
- Experience with Exact and OneStream is nice to have
- You must also be resourceful and happy to be involved in different Group finance projects to further streamline the financial reporting
- Excellent career opportunities are available to the right high achiever
- Dutch communication skills is a plus
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.