Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our growing Front-end team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
Software engineers in Flow Traders are working on applications that support the core business of the company. Our systems make it possible for Flow Traders to be present and competitive on exchanges worldwide. Many of these systems need UIs that not only share the robustness and security of our trading systems, but also are intuitive, consistent across our products and beautiful to look at.
As a Frontend Engineer you will be working together with Java and C++ core teams to design a framework used across our web infrastructure. It's expected that you have experience with different web oriented technologies and you can provide a solid technical vision and are able to choose the correct stack for our specific needs. You need to know where and when things can go wrong and how to avoid these issues beforehand.
Your work won't be public for millions of users to see, but nevertheless a high standard will be demanded by the teams in our headquarters in Amsterdam, and offices in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London and Cluj-Napoca. Our business users are typically sitting in the same office with you, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, we strive to follow best software engineering practices and are supported by the best working environment, latest technology and continuous support from all parts of Flow Traders organization.
How you do it
We work in small teams, grouped by business area. Each team is typically responsible for a set of related applications, and works in tight collaboration with business owners. We maintain libraries shared across the teams to enable code re-use and to have a common view on application architecture. We follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will work closely with those teams to provide UIs for all of our business areas.
Some of the technologies we use in development process:
- TypeScript 4.0, EcmaScript 2021, Node.js 12, HTML 5 and SCSS
- React, React Hooks, Electron, Webpack, Create React App
- gRPC-web, Graph QL and WebSocket connectivity
- MariaDB, Etcd, Kafka, Cassandra
- Yarn, Git
- Bitbucket for code review. We do all work in pull requests, which are reviewed by other developers
- Bamboo for continuous integration
- JIRA, Confluence
- ESLint, Prettier, CSSComb
What you need to succeed
- 5+ Years of experience in UI development
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge of Web APIs
- Practice with performance in web UIs
- Experience with basic Java/C++ back-end development is required
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house bar and lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.