Flow Traders is looking for an experienced FPGA Engineer to join our growing Product Development team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
As an FPGA Engineer, you will be working with a small team developing Flow Trader's ultra low latency applications. You will be expected to take responsibility for the complete solution, which involves not only design, development and testing, but latency benchmarking, product deployment, and automating processes to improve productivity.
Are you challenged by problem solving, possessed by innovation to improve by automation and do you have a sixth sense for trial and error? Then this role is destined for you!
What You Will Do
- Work in a team of FPGA hardware and software developers striving to build scalable ultra-low latency trading systems
- Shape the roadmap and technology adoption of FPGA/ASIC projects
- Contribute to the development of productivity tools and improvement of the RTL design flow
- Stay up to date on latest hardware developments and open source projects
- Build your skills in the finance industry and grow as an FPGA Engineer
What You Need To Succeed
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
- 4+ years of experience working as a FPGA/ASIC design engineer
- 4+ years of experience with SystemVerilog/Verilog
- Proficiency with scripting languages, preferably Python
- Experience with networking stack (Ethernet/IP/TCP/UDP)
- Linux experience
- An open, collaborative, self-critical attitude and willingness to learn
- A desire to understand how the systems you build fit into our trading activities
- Eagerness to learn and broaden one's skill set is a must, also outside your department
- Ability to take ownership and work in teams
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- C/C++ Programming experience
- High Level Synthesis tools (Chisel, Vivado HLS)
- Open source testbench tooling (verilator, cocotb, etc...)
- Financial protocols and its hardware implementation
- Algorithmic trading strategies
- Some knowledge of Bamboo CI, Ansible, systemd
- Exposure to jinja2, ctypes, SWIG
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
As we are unable to invite you over to our office, we would like to give you a virtual office tour!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.