Flowcarbon is a leading climate finance and technology company leveraging innovative financing structures to scale the voluntary carbon market. We are committed to facilitating the direct flow of capital to climate projects that remove or reduce carbon from the atmosphere, with the utmost commitment to quality and integrity.
Flowcarbon is a vertically integrated platform servicing the entire carbon offset lifecycle, by offering strategies & solutions ranging from carbon project origination and structured finance to marketing and carbon portfolio management.
Our team of carbon market experts, technology specialists, and finance professionals is driven by the shared purpose to accelerate climate action through innovations within the voluntary carbon market.
We’re backed by leading investors including a16z, General Catalyst, Samsung Next, Fifth Wall, Invesco Private Capital, and RSE Ventures.
Flowcarbon is seeking a senior Head of Carbon with at least ten years of experience working in international carbon markets (voluntary + compliance). This individual will lead the strategy and non-financial diligence processes associated with carbon projects that Flowcarbon supports, in close collaboration with the Chief Business Officer and Project Finance team.
- Generally: Providing carbon markets expertise to inform all internal operations and teams including carbon diligence for project financing, carbon portfolio management and sales, client advisory, and policy engagement
- Leading the non-financial assessment of carbon project investment opportunities across a range of registries, methodologies and stages, focusing on issuance risk, delivery risk, and political/regulatory risk. This includes working with the internal carbon finance team and directly with project developers and owners
- Establishing company frameworks for project diligence and evaluation
- Working closely with the policy team to provide subject matter expertise on individual methodologies, VCM market development, and other key topics
- Providing assistance to the sales team, including interfacing with corporate buyers
- Managing an existing team of carbon markets professionals, with the ability to grow the team further should the company require
- Representing the company at major carbon market conferences
- Producing thought leadership on behalf of yourself and Flowcarbon
- 10+ years of experience in carbon project development, at a carbon standards body or registry, and/or with methodology development. Experience across a range of methodologies, including NBS and CDR, is preferred
- Extensive experience evaluating carbon projects and fluency with the associated documentation
- 5+ years leading a team
- Enthusiasm about being at the forefront of technical market-driven innovation within ecosystem services markets
- Ability to lead a team toward designing internal structure and processes
- Comfortable working with innovative digital measurement/monitoring, reporting and verification systems
- Comfortable working with both established standards bodies and methodologies as well as new ones that arise
- Experience registering and receiving certification for NBS project types, and bonus if experienced with additional non-NBS methodologies
- Comfortable working with projects across many geographies
- A strong understanding of the carbon project developer landscape
- A large network of deep connections with consultants and technical experts in carbon project development and certification
Join our team
We are growing quickly and looking for top talent to support our company who share our desire to make a positive, measurable impact on climate change.
Our roles offer a unique opportunity on the ground floor of a well-funded and fast-growing startup in a rapidly evolving and exciting space. Our mission presents not only a uniquely interesting economic opportunity, but one that has major climate benefits. Come join us!
- Collaborative workplace culture
- Equity options at rapidly growing startup
- Weekly team lunches
- Monthly team outings
- Hybrid office/remote schedule
- Beautiful office in Union Square with snacks, drinks and meeting space
Equal employment opportunity
Flowcarbon is an equal opportunity employer. We are a female founded company, we value diversity and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.