We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
We’re a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s most popular female health brand.
The needs of the user are everything to us, and how those needs are served falls under our Product teams.
They’re ideators of easy-to-use, information-rich resources across our whole platform who - along with Analytics teams - get to the ‘why’ in order to create unrivalled user experiences.
We are looking for a Localization Operations Lead to drive the localization operations strategy at Flo and oversee its execution across project management and our language quality, continuous delivery, scalable testing and AI/MT operational hubs. With a fast growing audience in our non-English markets, you will contribute to the mission of empowering women to better understand their bodies, in a language they understand. If you’re passionate about localization and making a difference for millions of women across the world, keep reading.
You will manage a team of 4 Localization Project Managers and will own the establishment and monitoring of KPIs to achieve and maintain operational excellence. You will lead discussions on operational strategy in line with business needs and objectives and will advocate for best practices in localization and internationalization cross-functionally.
You will report to the Director of Localization and will work in close collaboration with the rest of the Localization team, external vendors and key stakeholders across the business.
- 5+ years experience with sophisticated localization architectures in the tech industry and with building scalable solutions and processes from scratch;
- 3+ years experience in direct people and vendor management, team leadership and development;
- Excellent understanding of the internationalization, translation, and localization process with consistent track record of leading and delivering cross-functional localization initiatives with scalable solutions and creative problem solving;
- Strong analytical skills to interpret localization data and trends, diagnose problems, and implement effective action plans to resolve issues;
- Proven ability to forecast and track spend as well as make the right trade-offs between must-haves and nice-to-haves;
- Excellent communication skills: ability to clearly communicate a vision and coach the project management team to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on new ideas, develop; collaborative relationships and to adapt communication style for all levels of the business;
- Proficient knowledge and use of Jira with exceptional organisational skills and common translation management tools and processes.
Nice to have:
- Ability to pivot from low-level detail to high-level view during strategy, execution and problem-solving;
- Flexibility and openness to change and abstract information;
- Proactive attitude and a sense of urgency. Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced technology environment;
- Solution-driven thinking, acknowledges own mistakes and learns from them;
- Willingness for self-development and continuous learning;
- High cultural quotient;
- Fluency in languages other than English is preferred but not required.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Overseeing localization operational strategy and excellence across localization project management and operational hubs dedicated to Language Quality, Continuous Delivery, Testing and MT/AI;
- Increasing operational predictability and creating a new centre of excellence in Localization by owning, monitoring and reporting on operational health KPIs;
- Correlating internal KPIs to time to market, user engagement and revenue; deliver data-based insights and use them to influence decisions;
- Overseeing the definition and execution of all localization operational initiatives, ensuring that they are in line with business goals and key problems to solve;
- Managing and overseeing a team of Localization Project Managers responsible for the cross-functional delivery of localized features and content across all Flo languages;
- Owning workload distribution and overseeing planning and roadmapping to ensure adequate resources at all times and prevent overload;
- Driving, developing and implementing innovative and scalable technology roadmaps that serve key business needs and prioritised objectives in Localization;
- Owning vendor management and onboarding for external vendors and contractors, QBRs, CAPA processes and performance evaluation data;
- Leading continuous process and workflow improvement across project management and operational hubs;
- Monitoring operational budget and financial forecast and own financial dashboards and reporting activities.
Lithuania - €4200 – €6500 gross per month.
UK - ₤70000 – ₤85000 per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
On top of competitive salaries, Flo's employees have access to:
- A flexible working environment with the opportunity to come into the office and work from home
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a growing business means that sometimes it's not easy and we work hard, but our mission is always at the forefront of what we do.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.