We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
One of the key pillars to our growth is User Acquisition, and few UA teams can boast the history of success we’ve had since our founding.
Every day, they run, control, and optimise a wealth of high-quality creative media to deliver our message and continue the successful growth in the user base we’ve enjoyed Year on Year since 2015.
As the Ratings Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing Flo’s rating strategy across iOS and Android. Ratings have had huge impacts on our wider business KPI’s and therefore, it is essential to have a holistic strategy to ensure we maintain our iOS rating of 4.8 and increase our GP rating to 4.8.
This is an opportunity to spearhead and drive meaningful change for the business. You’ll be reporting directly to the Director of Organic Growth.
- Focus on driving measurable growth and revenue;
- Communicate complex concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to gather and interpret data, generate insights, and make data-driven decisions;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with evolving priorities and competing demands;
- Strong track record of understanding how ratings & reviews work in both app stores;
- Exceptional analytical skills and strategic thinking combined with a hands-on attitude;
- Strong understanding of app store & search engine algorithms;
- Go-getter attitude with a metric driven approach;
- Self-motivated, an optimist; someone who thrives in an dynamic environment where there’s freedom to build something new.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the Health & Fitness Category;
- 2+ years of ASO experience.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering a robust Ratings strategy across both platforms;
- Collaborating with tech and content teams to deliver on strategy;
- Implementing rating prompt strategies within the Flo app to increase the number of 5* ratings & increase the number of positive reviews;
- Building relationships & roadmaps with technical teams in order to execute on the strategy;
- Reporting on performance & impact;
- Monitoring performance and being reactive to factors that can impact the ratings within the App Stores.
Your targets will be:
- Increasing our ratings and maintaining them at a high level.
Lithuania - €1800 – €2100 gross per month.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.On top of competitive salaries, Flo's employees have access to:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.