Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
This is a truly exciting time to join Flo. We’re just beginning our journey to become a world-class design team, and there’s a lot to get stuck into! With new design leadership in place, we’re building the foundations for our future, including:
- evolving our design system to accommodate new branding and accessibility guidance
- establishing better ways of working within our product teams
- creating quality and consistency benchmarks to align our experiences
We’re looking for people keen to take on the challenge of building the future in the context of a hyper-growth start-up.
Who you are
You’re a product design expert who leads the creation of human-centred experiences that deliver business results.
You’re an advocate who loves helping teams improve their product design practice, developing them through direction, standards, and coaching. You’re a stickler for detail and quality, who drives consistency across all areas of the product and service.
What you’ll be doing
At Flo, each day is different, but you can expect to:
- Help product managers define their product vision, initiatives and roadmap
- Design and visualise concepts – co-designing with UX writers, and directing other product designers to do the same
- Define and lead team initiatives across our design community, inspiring our designers to do great work
- Evolve concepts to the relevant level of fidelity, from prototypes to final mock-ups
- Offer feedback and guidance on design work
- Carry out discovery activities, and initiate the necessary team activities to develop future product visions including ideation
- Engage in research sessions and act on insights to further develop our products
- Carry out heuristic analysis and optimise current designs through hypothesis-based AB testing
- Help assess skills within the team and identify opportunities for capability building
- Present work in design review sessions or demos
- Advocate for quality and accessibility
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships and foster collaboration
- Day to day management tasks for the team, such as performance reviews
- Help foster a collaborative design culture
What we’re looking for
You’ll impress us with your:
- Competence in Figma and common design tools
- Leadership and communication skills – with the ability to influence others and advocate for design at all levels
- Good product thinking and a human-centred design approach
- Ability to create interactive prototypes, showing knowledge of composition, colour and interaction design principles
You’ll have several years experience in product design – preferably in a fast-paced, commercial environment – with a strong portfolio that demonstrates results. You’ll have managed small teams or have experience of leading people, either in your work or within the wider design community. If you’ve worked on mobile products or in healthcare, that’s also great, but not essential.
Why work at Flo?
- You'll help improve the lives of millions of users worldwide, empowering them to take control of their health
- You'll get to take on the challenges of fast-paced work in a hyper-growth start-up
- You'll be surrounded by a talented design team who'll help you learn and grow
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Unlimited access to Udemy Business learning platform
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.