Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
At Flo, we empower women across the world to improve their health and wellbeing by harnessing the power of their body signals. One of the ways we achieve that is through our app’s chatbot, also known as Flo Health Assistant, which provides fast, smart and data-led conversational experiences to a 4 million daily active user base. Flo Health Assistant’s mission is to help women and people who menstruate to better understand their bodies by becoming the most reliable, accurate, data-driven health management tool.
This role will be responsible for the logic and scripts of Flo's Health Assistant dialogues. Working alongside a team of 6 conversation designers, as a chatbot content writer and designer. Your focus will be on enabling us to have the right conversation with our users at the right time to help provide them with the best advice. This role is ideal for you if you are obsessed with understanding user needs, have a flair for writing in a natural and conversational manner and are passionate about the technical implications of writing automated conversations. This is a cross-functional role that works closely with many teams, including medical advisors, product managers, engineers, UX researchers, UX writers, editors, product designers and legal advisors. While you’ll be working quite autonomously, you’ll also collaborate and will rely on your team daily
What you will be doing:
- Working in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders - including Medical and Legal - to ensure that our dialogues are medically trustworthy and compliant
- Ideate and create high-quality, impactful and engaging end-to-end dialogues for conversational interfaces
- Create and optimise Health Assistant dialogues and any embedded content that solves a user problem or need
- Create dialogue flows, wireframes and conversation architecture/logic using our main dialogue mapping tool, Coggle
- Working with the Product Manager and Content Lead to identify opportunities for improvement and optimisation
- Act as product owner of your own dialogues
- Create descriptions, scripts and scenarios for visual images
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for how humans communicate and an eagerness to learn how to leverage those principles to human-computer interactions
- At least 2 + years experience in UX writing, content design, or content writing
- An understanding and appreciation for user experience design and user research
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills - as a conversation designer, this is a must!
- Ideally experience in conversational design
- A value-driven mission to help improve women’s health worldwide
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
Life Insurance at 4x salary
Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
25 holiday days per year on top of public bank holidays
Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Unlimited access to Udemy Business learning platform
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.