Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
What you will be doing:
- Day-to-day management for our learning systems
- Ownership of learning administration tasks
- Capture and support requests relating to learning and development
- Respond to internal learning enquiries
- Work closely with vendors to procure learning opportunities
- Maintain positive vendor relationships
- Process purchase orders and invoices
- Record all learning activities completed by Flo employees
- Assign mandatory learning activities and track their compliance
- Follow Up on completions of training activities
- Create reports from systems and get meaningful data
- Maintain quality control of all learning content/resources
- English learning management and partnering with English schools
- Perform other reasonable duties as required
What we’re looking for:
- Experience within a HR / Learning function
- Experience with supplier management
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ownership & accountability
- Upper Intermediate - Advanced English Level
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.