Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
You will be joining the Engagement Marketing stream and working with our Product Marketing and Lifecycle marketing teams. You will research everything related to our Premium offering, monetisation and marketing campaigns - from users’ expectations and behaviours to messaging and frequency.
We are looking for an experienced researcher who can combine empathy for our users with a sharp commercial mindset. You’ll be a key player contributing to the growth of the company so we need you to be comfortable operating in a fast-moving and data driven environment.
What you'll do:
- Planning, designing, preparing and running qual and quant user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of the marketing and product plans
- Managing the usability testing process from setting up and designing tests, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results.
- Working closely with the VP of product for the Engagement Marketing stream, Marketing managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Continually test and suggest improvements for onboarding and monetisation in the app
- Foster a team and company culture of involvement and use of research,
- Lead workshops and other activities for your stream to analyse, interpret and make decisions based on user needs
- Work with the other user researchers to ensure quality of research, and drive improvements in practice.
- Effectively communicate user research findings to the team and the wider organisation, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users (including presentations at demos, designing and maintaining research reports and formal reports).
- Work closely with analytics colleagues to define user centred KPIs, to create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services.
- Provide qual support to provide richer insight around findings from A/B tests, as well as providing suggestions and directions for A/B test
- Collaborate with and support people in other teams
- Good communication skills, the ability to both hear others and convey your thoughts efficiently
- Good prioritizations skills.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment with designers, developers, marketing and product managers to create new digital products and services
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centered design practices for apps, mobile and web applications
- Experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Strong understanding of strengths and limitations of different research methods.
- Experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts, such as presentations, reports, demos and so on.
- Experience introducing and establishing user research practices in a team.
- Agile research
- Ability to interpret data to uncover patterns and user needs
- Startup experience
- research for subscriptions based mobile products
- remote research,
- mixed-methods research
- experience of understanding user needs in the health space
- experience of research for personalisation
- A good understanding of A/B testing and how research can support this
- High quality standards
- Empathetic and open minded
- 5+ years of experience in design research covering the full spectrum of research techniques: from early stage generative discovery research to summative usability testing
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.