Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
Flo is a health and wellbeing app for women and girls, supporting them during their entire reproductive period. We combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day.
More than 40 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life. Since August 2020, Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the AppStore.
We are looking for someone to lead our team of Scientists to conduct mission driven (aimed at advancing women's health) and business driven (to validate accuracy and effect of product) research.
What you will be doing:
- Develop Flo scientific strategy and roadmaps for success and lead a team of scientists to execute
- Conduct high quality, rigorous research that contributes to the evidence for Flo
- Develop innovative and resourceful strategies to share scientific evidence with Flo product development and content teams
- Network and build relationships between external research partners and Flo Science to design research studies including theoretical framework to be used, methods, and measurement of appropriate outcomes based upon study goals
- Write research papers for publication in international peer-reviewed medical or scientific journals
- Write and disseminate scientific evidence to internal Flo teams and external channels (website, social media, magazines)
- Prepare high quality presentations of scientific data and present at scientific, clinical and other key meetings
- Work with marketing to establish medical claims and share scientific evidence with lay audiences
What we are looking for:
PhD with 4+ years experience in Public Health, Health Promotion, Reproductive Medicine, Population Health or Biomedicine with focus on Women’s Health
- 3+ years of experience in working on a managers position in Health-tech or Big Pharma
- Experience writing grants with a record of grants received
- Strong publication record within peer reviewed journals related to women’s health
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics and data analysis (not essential to analyze data)
- Basic understanding of regulatory aspects of US, EU medical device regulations
- Ability to work in a startup environment (fast-paced, with a lot of unknowns, with minimal supervision)
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary;
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family;
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays;
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you;
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.