Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
Flo aims to become an app where users will be able to monitor their health and check if they are ok. We have already invested our efforts in the creation of numerous self-assessment tools (chatbots) that help Flo users to learn whether they have symptoms similar to symptoms of certain conditions. Now we are looking for a talented and highly motivated Medical Advisor to help bring self-assessment tools to the next level - make them more accurate, cover new conditions, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure overall medical accuracy, clinical safety, compliance of Flo mobile application
- Collaborate with the data scientists, content managers, and analysts to develop AI-based chatbots (symptom checkers)
- Take part in scientific research aimed at validating the accuracy of Flo features, present results at scientific conferences
- Communicate with freelance healthcare consultants and members of Flo Medical Board to make sure we are utilizing the latest scientific findings to build products
What we're looking for:
- Medical degree
- 3+ years of clinical practice with preference in OB-GYN, General medicine, pediatrics, Endocrinology, or Public health
- Deep understanding of general medicine, anatomy, and physiology of the female reproductive system, OB-GYN
- Working experience in international Health Tech companies/ Pharma/ Insurance/ related to creating digital products (ideally chatbots, symptom checkers, assessment systems)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (a person should talk a lot with the technical teams and explain complicated medical ideas in an easy-to-understand way
- Understanding of Epidemiology
- Understanding the basics of regulatory norms in digital health in the US/EU
- Product or marketing experience
- A scientific background (Ph.D., or scientific publications, or research experience) in Women health/Period health research/Infertility/Reproductive health
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Matched company pension contributions at up to 5%
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
- Investment in your professional growth and development
- Snack and drinks in the office
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.