Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We're a world-class team of product builders, engineers, data scientists, growth hackers, user researchers, designers, and medical experts — all building an app that generates long-term value to our millions of users worldwide. Our engineers aren’t just building a better product; they’re making the world a better place by improving access to important health information. We leverage machine learning and AI to provide accurate cycle predictions and relevant, personalized, and medically credible health tips.
As a leader of the Flo team, you will be responsible for guiding and growing the Foundation team. As the name suggests, Foundation owns the Digital Twins of our users, to provide them with the most tailored and personalized health recommendations and content suggestions. You will be responsible for the end-to-end ownership of ML problems for the Foundation. In this role you are respected and appreciated by the ML engineering team as a leader. This role reports into the Head of Data Science and is highly visible within Flo.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the team of 5-7 ML Engineers.
- Contribute to the product ML strategy and the roadmap.
- Ensure effective collaboration with product & engineering teams.
- Find the right balance between research, product, and infrastructure work.
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about data structures and metrics, advocating for changes for product development.
- Drive and maintain high-performance engineering culture within the team.
- Evangelize ML across Flo.
- Involved hands-on where you deem appropriate.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with our technology partners and external experts.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in any combination of leading technology teams and working on machine learning problems.
- Demonstrated experience with NLP, personalisation and/or recommendation engines.
- Solid understanding of the ML fundamentals.
- High-performance engineering mindset and experience working with the brightest engineers in the field.
- A background in computer science or a closely related engineering discipline.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with technical and non-technical team members alike.
Nice to have:
- PhD in computer science or a closely related engineering discipline.
- Experience at the tier 1 product company or related experience working within the product organization.
- Experience with the ML adoption in regulated industries (finance, health).
- Experience with the health domain.
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.