Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We are looking for a strong Product Data Scientist for our Core Analytics team. Core Analytics is a new small team that is formed specifically for strategic product research, and to be the centre of analytical expertise in the company.
What will you be doing:
The analysts in this team will research high-level issues using data - quantitative and qualitative. Areas they will be looking at include:
- How to segment Flo's active audience?
- How different user segments activate?
- How does segment behaviour change over time?
- How does activation affect business metrics?
The research results and recommendations will be used to form and adjust the product and business strategy.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in analysing user behaviour to find growth points
- Experience in providing insight to help improve the product and business
- Ability to use rather advanced analysis techniques (e.g, collect ML-models for analysis or determine dependencies on graphs) but also go with simple methods when the time is right
- Confident in their communication skills and can speak with C-level managers using non technical language and highlight the impact to the business
- Excellent presentation skills so that insights are clear to everyone in the company, and there is confidence to implement the recommendations
- Expert skills in A/B testing - from building the right processes, designing individual experiments to analysing complex cases (for example, with proxy metrics, the effect of novelty etc)
- Experience of product and monetization - measuring the effect of changes in absolute money, and not just in the form of relative uplifts, experience with subscription funnels is desirable
- Experience of mentoring other analysts
- Ideally you will have your own integration projects in analytics - for example, the introduction of a new BI system or something similar
- SQL for querying data from our DWH based on Presto (Trino)
- Python in JupyterLab deployed in the cloud
- Looker for dashboards and visualizations
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Matched company pension contributions at up to 5%
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave)
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.