Flo is the most popular health & fitness app globally, used by 200+ million women around the world, with 43 million monthly active users.
At Flo, we’ve created a unique mobile product to help women put themselves first. Using the power of data science, AI, and the knowledge of 100+ medical experts, Flo supports women during their entire reproductive lives and provides curated cycle and ovulation tracking, personalized health insights, expert tips, and a private community to share questions and concerns.
We are a team of designers and researchers focused on one thing — making sure our users have the best possible experience on our app. We ensure that we build the right thing through research, innovation, and careful attention to high quality execution and validating with users. We do all of this by collaborating with Product and Engineering and by being data-informed.
As our design team starts to scale, we're looking for a VP Product Design to build out a world class team and evolve the global product design function to ensure an outstanding experience to our users. You will be responsible for a growing team of designers who are working collaboratively with researchers, engineers and products to evolve and improve the experience across our product. We need this person to be able to juggle the responsibility of growing a team, while also being hands-on with design.
What you will be doing:
- Leading a team of 30 designers, overseeing Product Design, Visual Design and UX Research
- Evolving Flo’s brand and Product: a high bar for quality for our Product, delivered in close cross-functional partnership and high velocity
- Fostering an innovation-driven culture with strong collaboration skills
- Hiring, growing and mentoring your team of Designers and Researchers, with strong cultural-building skills
- Work with Product Management, UX Research, Engineering, Marketing and C-Level to align on product vision and deliver stunning results
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other applications.
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading and managing medium-large (20+) multi-disciplinary design teams
- An online portfolio or case study presentation of work demonstrating experience creating inventive mobile, desktop design work across desktop and mobile devices.
- An online portfolio or case study presentation of work demonstrating experience crafting the evolution and growth of your teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative research, design and development processes.
- Proven track record presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to PM/engineering leaders to senior executive management.
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of Design.
- Experience leading projects with a collaborative multi-disciplinary team of product designers, researchers,visual designers, writers, product managers, program managers, and software developers.
- Experience hiring a range of people and job roles (Product Design, Visual Design, Research) to grow and develop the team’s capabilities and ability to handle a range of design.
We believe in supporting our employees both at and away from work, and we really value a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits package includes:
- Opportunity to participate in the company salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% company match
- Life Insurance at 4x salary
- Bupa private medical insurance for you and your family
- 25 holidays per year on top of public bank holidays
- Hybrid working setup for the most optimal work-life balance for you
- State of the art parental policies (6 months of fully paid maternity leave and 1 month of fully paid paternity leave).
The strength of Flo is built on the capability of its talent. In recognition of this we offer:
- Top of the market salaries
- Career growth, progression and promotion opportunities
- Eligibility for annual salary increases
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP) eligible to all employees
Flo is an international team of highly skilled top talent. We have ambitious and challenging objectives and are committed to granting our team the freedom to explore. Our core cultural values are based on engaging teamwork, continuous improvement, and smart transparency. Our mission fuels our everyday work, and we’re proud of the impact we’re making.
Build the future of women’s health with us.
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.